fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on August 6th

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on August 6th

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 7 months ago #2425

Srinath Gogineni

I am glad to inform you all that finally I am now PMP Certified. I passed the exam on August 6th 2011.

Study Guides used:
First read the PMPBOK 4.0 once did not understand quite well then some of the topics. After going through the PM-Prepcast Episodes I could able to understand lot of topics very well. Especially topics in HR, advanced HR theory, quality, risk and procurement. Then again I went through the PMBOK guide twice . I have also gone through once Rita Mulcahy Exam Preparation Book.

Questions practiced:
1. Headfirst all the 200
2. PMStudy chapter end tests
3. PMStudy test 1,2,3,4
4. Oliver lehmann 75 & 175
5. Rita chapter end all questions
6. PMPerfect

Exam preparation
I have started preparing seriously from June 15th onwards although I have started in February 2011 since my application was approved by PMI then. My study plan include solid daily 4 hrs of study during the week and in the weekends at least 8 to 10 hrs of study by knowledge area. Then practicing the chapter end tests for Rita and PMStudy. Last two weeks before than exam I was only practicing mock exams. Sometimes referred back to again some of the knowledge areas which I am weak based on the mock exam. I have done a detailed analysis also the question which went wrong during the mock exam and referred back to PMBOK guide.

During the exam
There lot of questions on quality, risk and procurement. I have marked for review all the questions which are more than two lines and also formula ones just to finish the ones and twos lines ones faster. I have done a brain dump the page 43 from the PMPBOK 4.0 during my first 15 mins and all the formulas. Also I have brain dumped the conflict management, stage of group development from HR. positive and negative risks. I have finished the exam in 3 hrs and then reviewed the marked ones for another ½ hr and then finally clicked the survey and then very glad to see the screen Congratulations! What a relief finally getting the PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login