fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on August 6th

Passed PMP on August 6th 12 years 7 months ago #2425

• Srinath Gogineni
  • Srinath Gogineni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am glad to inform you all that finally I am now PMP Certified. I passed the exam on August 6th 2011.

Study Guides used:
First read the PMPBOK 4.0 once did not understand quite well then some of the topics. After going through the PM-Prepcast Episodes I could able to understand lot of topics very well. Especially topics in HR, advanced HR theory, quality, risk and procurement. Then again I went through the PMBOK guide twice . I have also gone through once Rita Mulcahy Exam Preparation Book.

Questions practiced:
1. Headfirst all the 200
2. PMStudy chapter end tests
3. PMStudy test 1,2,3,4
4. Oliver lehmann 75 & 175
5. Rita chapter end all questions
6. PMPerfect

Exam preparation
I have started preparing seriously from June 15th onwards although I have started in February 2011 since my application was approved by PMI then. My study plan include solid daily 4 hrs of study during the week and in the weekends at least 8 to 10 hrs of study by knowledge area. Then practicing the chapter end tests for Rita and PMStudy. Last two weeks before than exam I was only practicing mock exams. Sometimes referred back to again some of the knowledge areas which I am weak based on the mock exam. I have done a detailed analysis also the question which went wrong during the mock exam and referred back to PMBOK guide.

During the exam
There lot of questions on quality, risk and procurement. I have marked for review all the questions which are more than two lines and also formula ones just to finish the ones and twos lines ones faster. I have done a brain dump the page 43 from the PMPBOK 4.0 during my first 15 mins and all the formulas. Also I have brain dumped the conflict management, stage of group development from HR. positive and negative risks. I have finished the exam in 3 hrs and then reviewed the marked ones for another ½ hr and then finally clicked the survey and then very glad to see the screen Congratulations! What a relief finally getting the PMP.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login