fbpx

Reply: Break the door, rush to the exam!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Break the door, rush to the exam!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 7 months ago #2371

Vaios Maniotis

They say that when you want something really bad, the whole world conspires so that you can achieve it.
Well not necessarily!
When I was taking my PMP exam, -passed it on the 12th July 2011-,I had done it all:
Visited the exam site on the day before to make sure I knew how much time it takes to drive there, Prepared my IDs and take along bag with some water, crisps, earplugs, etc...
On the day of the exam I had planned to leave home 45 minutes earlier, so that I would arrive at the PROMETRIC site somewhere between 1 hour to half an hour early depending on traffic.

It was only 2 minutes before leaving the house that my 3-year old son, got into the bathroom, fiddled with the key and managed to lock himself in.
And then could not unlock it.
Time was passing, the poor boy was getting terrified, I was already late and stressed, so I reviewed my options:
I realized I had no contigency plan for this event planned,
so I had to select the most effective workaround: time was of the essence, and not cost.
So I asked him to move away from the door and i broke it down,
hugged the boy and rushed of to the exam!

The point of all this is that regardless of how well you plan, you will sometimes have unexpected issues, coming up even in the most critical days!
Be prepared but also know that you will have to act on the spot.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login