fbpx

Reply: PASSED PMP EXAM ON 30TH JULY 2011 FIRST ATTEMPT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED PMP EXAM ON 30TH JULY 2011 FIRST ATTEMPT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 7 months ago #2366

JAIGANESH SADAGOPAN

I have passed the PMP Exam on 30th July 2011 on my fist attempt!:) :) :).

I bought both PM prepcast for my contact hours and PM formula guide from PMprepcast.

I would like to share my experience with all the PMP aspirants to help them to be successful on their fisrt attempt!

While preparing for the PMP exam, don't follow the way we used to do for our regular exams!. We need to apply and understand the process interaction and out put.
You can even apply for your project to have a better understanding and remembering for ever!.

Please make sure that following preparation before going for the exam.

1. Go through PMBOK guide minimum 2 times. I went through 3 times.

2. Attend questions based on knowledge areas and process groups.

3. Try as much as possible model questions . I have attended more than 1500 questions!

4. Attend minimum 2 mock exams. This is really important becasue you can
prepare yourself for long marathan test!

5. Concentrate on Earned value management and EMV, PERT, communication channel calculation,Network diagram,Free float ,Total float, TCPI,TPA in procurement, Payback period,understanding of project selection criteria,Sigma values.

Before going to the exam, Revise the ITTO , I would suggest BrainBOK free tool available. (Google it).This is a very good tool.On the day of exam no need to revise anything, be cool and concentrate on something else.

During my exam I could not take break and had to attend continuously :-( Many questions are wordy and nearly 15 questions for calculation came for the exam. So it took little more time and could n't take break.

If you feel that question is wordy, Mark it and move on and come back to review it. I took 3 hrs to answer all the questions and 1 hr for reviewing all the questions.

All the best for your PMP exam.
While preparing for the PMP exam, don't follow the way we used to do for our regular exams!. We need to apply and understand the process interaction and out put.
You can even apply for your project to have a better understanding and remembering for ever!.

Please make sure that following preparation before going for the exam.

1. Go through PMBOK guide minimum 2 times. I went through 3 times.

2. Attend questions based on knowledge areas and process groups.

3. Try as much as possible model questions . I have attended more than 1500 questions!

4. Attend minimum 2 mock exams. This is really important becasue you can
prepare yourself for long marathan test!

5. Concentrate on Earned value managment and EMV, PERT, communication channel calculation,Network diagram,Free float ,Total float, TCPI,TPA in procurement, Payback period,understanding of project selection criteria,Sigma values.

Before going to the exam, Revise the ITTO , I would suggest BrainBOK free tool available. (Google it).This is a very good tool.On the day of exam no need to revise anything, be cool and concentrate on something else.

During my exam I could not take break and had to attend continuously:( Many questions are little wordy and nearly 15 questions for calculation came for the exam. So it took little more time and could n't take break.

If you feel that question is wordy, Mark it and move on and come back to review it. I took 3 hrs to answer all the questions and 1 hr for reviewing all the questions.

I heard that PMI changing the Exam structure and PMBOK 5th Edition is coming!!
And you will not be able to see the result immediately after finishing your exam. It will take 4-6 weeks! This will continue until PMI completing the evaluation of new exam structure. After OCT 2011, you will see the immediate result

All the best for your PMP exam.

- Jaiganesh Sadagopan PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login