fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam on July 29th 2011 !

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam on July 29th 2011 !

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 7 months ago #2338

Linda Jones

's Avatar

I passed the PMP exam on July 29th and I am so overwhelmed with joy that I survived it.

Here are a few of my best practices for others to consider as they go through the same process:

1) Read the PMBOK book ( from start to end) and then take time to read Andy Crowe's How to Pass PMP Exam in the First Try, which simplifies the language in the PMBOK 60 days before your exam.

2) Study and memorize the formulas in PMBOK, for 15 to 20 min a day..and develop a Brain Dump Review Sheet to produce formulas from your memory each day 45 days before the exam.

3) Review PMBOK second time, and try to focus on understanding the Inputs, Tools and Techniques, and Outputs (ITTOs) for every process group and the 9 Knowledge Areas. No need to memorize, but review them constantly on a daily basis, so they become familiar to you. It should make more sense after reading Crowe's book. This should be happening 30 days before the exam.

4) Sign up with PMP Prep Cast and take the full length practice tests- I took 8 practices tests in the final 2 weeks before the PMP exam.

5) Before each test, review the ITTOs and complete brain dump sheet of formulas before each practice, do the test, and then review the answers you missed and make notes during final 2 weeks before exam.

6) Once you see your practice test scoring at the passing rate or higher rate needed for PMP exam, then you are most likely ready for the exam, On day of exam, schedule it for afternoon, so you have one more time to review all the ITTOS and do brain dump of formulas in the morning before you arrive at site to do the exam.

Good luck!

Linda

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login