fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt

Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt 12 years 10 months ago #2124

• Haseebulla Khan
  • Haseebulla Khan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello All,

I passed my PMP exam today on my first attempt. I scored proficient in planning, Execution and M&C and moderately proficient in the remaining 3 areas.

Here are my lessons learnt.

I started with Head first PMP book followed by Cornelius PM Prepcast. Head first is a nice book to start with developing fundamentals. After finishing the prepcast I earned 35 hrs contact hrs. Reviewed Head first PMP book and gave their free exam and scored 78%. Then started studyed PMBOK with ITTOs. I did not blindly memorize ITTOs but tried to understand how they are applicable to a particular process. After reading PMBOK, I started giving other free exams like PMStudy, simplelearn, techfaq360, Free PM Exam simulator, and Edwel and scored around 75-80%. I realized that many questions were not covered in PMPBOK. This made be start studying with Rita's book. There are so many concepts not covered in other books. Just in the last week before the exam I revised the PMBOK again.

PMP exam is moderately difficult with few easy questions, few moderately difficult and others tricky and difficult.

Thanks
Haseeb
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login