fbpx

Reply: Feedback on the exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Feedback on the exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 9 months ago #2088

Robert Saurug

's Avatar

Dear PMP aspirants,

I just passed the PMP exam few hours ago and here is some feedback which may help you on your exam.

(1) My preparation was based on the PMBOK Guide and the PM Prepcast. I was also in the lucky position that my company organized a 2 days training on the PMP certification for a group of aspirants.
My recommendation here is not to use too many different sources and focus on your selection which fits to you best. The PM Prepcast helped a lot because I listened every day 2 episodes during a 45min drive to my company. I went 2 times through.
Here a recommendation to Cornelius: It would be great if you can make a product where you combine the last few minutes summary of every episode in a kind of intensive fresh up for all processes. This may help in the final phase of the preparation. Don't forget to make a sample test of about 3 to 5 days before the exam to get a feeling about the progress during the exam.

(2) Native speakers wouldn't have too much problems to understand the questions. But due to I'm not an native speaker I had often problems to understand the questions. So I marked language aid support on the Prometric exam scheduling system. I was surprised that the translation into German was not too bad. The screen was spitted and the upper half showed German language and the lower half the English source. Questions can only be answered in English.
This helped me a lot that I understand the question much faster. Nevertheless, be carefully with the translation and always read the English version because I saw some very strange translation of common used PM wording

(3)Make a quick selection if you want to answer or mark the questions or not. If you spend already time on that question try to answer it. If you mark it and come back later, you need to get familiar with the question again.
You can mark questions answered and not answered. So I recommend to give at least an answer even if you mark it for later review.

(4)I marked about 40-50 questions when I went through the 200. I did this in about 2h and 30 minutes. Than I made a break. So I signed out and had a 10 minutes break outside on the fresh air. I walked back, signed in and went over the marked questions to complete the test.

(5)Good to know, after finalizing the exam the result wasn't displayed. Instead a survey started in order to determine the quality of the Prometric exam service.

Hope that helps on moving forward!

Br
Robert

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login