fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP 1st Try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP 1st Try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 9 months ago #2086

Joan M Rausch

*The flash cards were from crosswindpm.com; PMP Exam Success Series Flashcards. A friend of mine lent them to me. Worth the money.
*Yes, I referenced Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep System - sixth addition. This was the book and Hot Topics Flashcards. I did not have the CD's. Please note as I would recommend this system, I personally only worked thru the first 5 chapters, as I received this late in my study process.
*I referenced the PM Prepcast Formulat tool that Cornelius Fichner sells on this website. I think it is only $29.95. It also inclueds 125 sample formula questions.
*I also referenced the PM Prepcast Cornelius sells, it is definately worth the money.
*My study plan was a calendar with empty boxes for last week of April, entire month of May and 1st week of June. I print it off from calendarsthatwork.com. I outlined what days and # of hours I could study and what days I could not. I put on it what days I was going to take my sample tests too.
*Study plan also included a quick spreadsheet of # of hours it would take me to read a chapter in the PMBOK, # of hours it would take me to listen to the PM Prepcast recordings (and take notes). I totaled these hours up and then I was able to then record on my calendar what chpaters i would be doing on what day.
*The rest of my study plan was a list as follows:
Memorize formulas
Memorize process groups and knowledge area-page 43 of PMBOK
15 minutes per day doing flashcards-I broke flashcards up in to 15 groupings of 30 cards per day.
Last 2 weeks, i would spend 10-15 minutes per day doing brain dump of formulas and the 42 process groups.
Read PMBOK again (2nd time) and take notes. Read chapters 1-12 and then Chpater 4 on Integration 3 times.
Take 4 sample tests.
Study any gaps I had from the sample tests the last week.
Day before test, i reviewed ALL of my notes I had taken from the PM Prepcast audios and from reading the PMBOK.

Hope that helps.
12 years 9 months ago #2084

Mohammed Ashwaq ahmed

First of all congratulations !!!
Great work !!!Great work !!!Great work !!!

you are sense of inspiration to PMP Aspirants.

I am an aspirant of PMP, I request you to share your study plan and

Please provide Formulas in excel sheet along with flash cards.

Please confirm whether you are refering Rita Mulcahys PMPrep book tool.

If not please give proper link to get it.

Appreciate your suggestions and recommendations. Thanks a lot.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSION.
12 years 9 months ago #2080

Joan M Rausch

I passed the PMP exam on Saturday after the first try!
Tools used:
PMBOK Guide (read 2 times)
PM Prepcast-GREAT!
PM Prepcast Formula's tool-GREAT!
PM Digest Simulated Test Bank-Not recommended-Exam 2 had missing add-ins.

I have been semi-studying for 1 year for this exam. I had attended a PM bootcamp last June and had also attended about 5 weeks of a PM study group. It was not until February of this year that I had actually submitted my application. I had to document 7500 hours of project work, because I do not have my BA. So, that took me awhile. I decided on April 28 to just register for the exam and COMMIT! I spent the last 5 1/2 weeks studying 3-4 hours per day (minimum). (there were only 3 days in that 5 1/2 weeks that I did not crack a book or listen to the podcast). Anyways, I would read the chapter in the PMBOK and then listen to the corresponding podcast sessions. I got some flash cards too from a friend (can't remember source), and started using them in the last 2 1/2 weeks. THose were helpful too. 2 weeks before my test I received the Rita Mulcahy book and Hot Topics flash cards. I really wish I would of had that from the beginning. I got thru 5 of those chapters and then stopped. Getting that additional tool so late really goofed up my whole study plan! So, that brings me to my best piece of advice-MAKE A STUDY PLAN and Stick to it!!!
And, I would recommend you work the Rita Mulcahy tool in to your study plan. It is a good source of information, and you do need all the tools you can get.
I took a total of 4 practice exams, and my top score was 75%. I did not feel very confident going in to the exam when Cornelius tells you to shoot for 85%. But, I still passed! I am still in shock!
Happy Day!
Good luck to you!
Joan Rausch

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login