fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: From Tony Tay, PMP

From Tony Tay, PMP 14 years 9 months ago #207

• Conrado Cuevas
  • Conrado Cuevas's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 4
Tony Tay, PMP sent us the following lessons learned:

Date: June 29, 2009

For the PMP exam version 3 PMBOK, I did the following:

1. Go through the PMP PrepCast when I drive or take my bus to work on iPod. That gave me a good overview and re-listen again as often as I can.
2. I also did an intensive prep exam, instructor-led crash course. The course forces me to read the PMBOK guide. I found I lack the discipline to read it otherwise :). The course would be of most help if you have some idea as it is intensive and require to do lots of reading which will be quite tough due to the coverage of the PMBOK guide in less than a week. I did the course through my local PMI chapter in Melbourne, Australia.
3. Went thru Rita Mulcahy exam prep.
4. Did the Exam tests from "Head First PMP". Found that this exam was good and give some confidence.

Generally, I aim for around the 75% passing mark in all the Knowledge Areas. Anything below, 70%, I will go back and revise or redo the test questions.

All in all, I started in January of 2009, slacked off a bit along the way, and then picked it up again in late April. If I do not pass in June, I will have to do the version 4 PMBOK, uhhhmm ... not a good idea :).

I must say the exam was pretty tough going for me. I took the full 4 hours to finish. The trick is to do as many questions as possible during preparation so that one can see the PMBOK through different angles.
Last edit: by Conrado Cuevas.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login