fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on the very first time - Mar 31

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on the very first time - Mar 31

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 11 months ago #1951

DUNG LE

I made it on Mar 31...:)!

Preparation:

I studied by myself for almost 4 months - 8 hours per week. I scanned through PMBOK and Rita book around twice and listen to PMPrepcast several times on way to work everyday. It was really helpful - Thanks Cornelius.

I entered testing phase the last month of my study: went through some free test on PMstudy, simplilearn, etc...I didn't try any commercial test.

About a week before the exam, I did brain dump sheet and Rita process chart every morning about 15 minutes.

I took 2 days off work before exam just for relaxing...not study at all.

I didn't try to memorize anything except formulas throughout my study, instead I tried to learn and understand concepts, and see how that is applied in my real world project management. This is crucial.

Exam Day:

I finished my brain dump sheet during the first 15 minutes of tutorial, then start the exam. I didn't feel nervous. I took break every 50 questions.

The questions were really qualified questions. I didn't find any questions familiar to those I did in sample test. All situational questions were really challenge which made me think deeply for answer. I would have never been able to answer these question if I didn't study by understanding concepts and real world project management during my study!!!

I finished questions and reviewed marked one in 3.5 hours, took 10 minutes break, then clicked "End" button. After the computer was running for a while, I was too happy when seeing "Congratulations" word appearing on the screen.
My hard self-study got great return...

Something to share and good luck to those in coming PMP exams.

Again, thank you Cornelius for very useful PMP material.

All the best,
Dung

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login