fbpx

Reply: PMP ... I made it

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP ... I made it

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 1 week ago #1950

Muhammad Zahid

congrats.
i m appearing in exam after 2 weeks.
i m nevrvious.
how much difficult questions were?
too much reading required and not?
13 years 1 week ago #1944

Jürgen Ekert

's Avatar

Hi Cornelius,
after learning for 3 month I went for the exam and successfully passed.

The PMPODCAST did help me very much to diggest a lot of topics and to get the knowledge around. Your tips are so helpful and give good insights for the exam.

The way I did prepare (3 month):
1. Read and use parts of the PMBok in my daily PM live (over the last 4 years)
2. Listening to the PMPodcast
3. I went for a Prepclass with Oliver Lehmann. Oliver said that now the learning will beginn and it takes around 100 h. Now afterwards I can say he was right.
4. Read the Rita Mulcahy Prep Book
5. During the preparation the whole 3 month I was listening to the PMPodcast and the audio book of Rita
6. Do practise exams to get a feeling. I did approximately 1000 exam questions.
7. Read the whole PMBok guide again. Just one week before the exam. This did really help to increase my knowledge and especially the PMIissm

Some hints:

- a detailled study plan helps you to reach the goal within a certain time frame
- in the Exam introduction use the brain dump sheet as Cornelius was recommending
- I finished the exam 10 min early in the test center in Geneva (Switzerland)

To know by heart:

- Formulas
- p43 of the PMBok

As a summary I can say this is one of the best courses and exams I have taken. The test is good and really tests your knowledge.

I have to thank 3 people for archieving this result: Rita Mulcahy, Cornelius Fichtner and Oliver Lehman. Thank you very much.
All the best to everybody who is learning.
Cheers
Jürgen

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login