fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Exam Lessons Learned

PMP Exam Lessons Learned 13 years 2 days ago #1934

• PMP Exam Lessons Learned
  • PMP Exam Lessons Learned's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed my PMP exam and believed I passed because of the various tools I used. I started with using the PM PrepCast pod cast to get a clear foundation of the material. I made sure that I joined PMI to gain access to the PMBOK and other resources available online. I went through the PMBOK while taking the PM PrepCast material to understand the layout of the book. After finishing the PM PrepCast I used the eFlashCards to help remember key topics. I have seen some students not memorize all the ITTO and formulas so I decided to make sure I understood the flow of the ITTO first and then I memorized all the ITTO and formulas. Out of this process I created a memory dump in the beginning of the PMP test. This helped as you can refer to this during the test. I would recommend creating a memory dump because as the test goes on you do not have to draw this from memory rather can refer to the memory dump. I made sure that every question I would identify on my memory dump of where I was in the knowledge area and process which seemed to help me understand and answer the questions. I also took 3 full length tests from PMStudy.com as this helped me understand how the questions were laid out and how the computerized test would feel. During the exam I did use the full time as I went through the exam and answered all the questions I could quickly and they went through a second pass and answered the harder questions. After each hour of the exam I would stop and take about 2 to 3 minutes to gather myself and take deep breaths and then continue to take the exam. I really feel all the experiences I had with PM PrepCast, eFlashCard and PMStudy.com helped me pass and more importantly understand the material.

Bradley Likes, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login