fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on 1/24/2011 : Lessons Learned

Passed on 1/24/2011 : Lessons Learned 13 years 2 months ago #1865

• Kunal Sachdeva
  • Kunal Sachdeva's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Finally all the stress is gone and the Certification is mine :)

I thought of a PMP certification as a platform for both personal and professional growth since I had been leading projects for about 3 years and I knew there were best practices out there.

I started by subscribing to Cornelius's PREPcast which took away the fear of reading a fat book and instead was enjoyable. I listened to one lesson a day, got the 35 contact hours and then started reading Rita's Exam Prep book backwards just so I would remember the latest. I know sounds weird but worked for me.

On a side note, as I was reading through materials, I actually incorporated quite a few practices on my projects even before passing the exam since I didnt wanna just use it as an exam and instead wanted some practical knowledge.

Then I took practice exams on PMStudy and found my gaps. I am not sure about others, but the stuff I took pride in (Communications) continued to be my worst area. So I focused on that over and over and as I took more practice exams my scores on that got better.

I went through Rita's book twice and read portions of PMBOk guide. Every morning as I would get ready for work, I would murmur formulae and the Planning process chart in my head so I didnt need a brain dump since I remembered them all by rehearsing everyday.

Total Time Taken: 3.5 months
Total money spent: $700
Result: Priceless :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login