fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: What I Learned Studying for the PMP

What I Learned Studying for the PMP 13 years 2 months ago #1770

• Karen Fenton
  • Karen  Fenton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The biggest lesson I learned is that this exam is not an easy one, and it should be taken seriously. I am a good test taker and have always felt extremely confident in studying for and taking exams. The feeling I had during my PMP was not the same feeling of confidence I've had throughout my life of test taking....the exam is tricky! You can study all the books (I used 3 in addition to the PMBOK) and learn all the facts, and the exam will still be hard, because it requires you to do some real critical thinking. My advice to the future PMP test taker: study as much as you can for an extended period of time before the exam (4-6 weeks at least), sleep well the night before, clear your day for the exam, eat a good breakfast and go into the exam with a clear head. Do this and you will surely earn your PMP as I did! Best of luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login