fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP 11/14/2010

Passed PMP 11/14/2010 13 years 4 months ago #1690

• Manohar Pradhan
  • Manohar Pradhan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am very happy to inform you all that I became a certified PMP on 14th Nov, below is the study plan that worked for me…
o Started reading PMBOK 4th edition, after finishing first two chapters I immediately realized that I’ll be able to absorb more if I can use some audio/video combination, that’s when I came across PMPrep Cast by Cornelius Fichtner, I have no qualms in endorsing this product and I can say this is what helped me to understand and appreciate the material presented in PMBOK.
o Went through all the episodes in prep cast and started reading Andy Crowe along the way, also took chapter end questions.
o After finishing the first round, I was still unsure about my preparation and decided to go through the process again , but this time I stared listening to 2-3 episodes at a time and read Andy, PMBOK and Rita(Ignored negative remarks) at the same time along with chapter end questions.
o After the 2 round I started taking sample exams, below are my results , I simulated the actual Prometric center experience and realized that 4 hrs will be an exhausting experience without practice
o Andy Crowe – 92%
o Head First – 87%
o PMStudy1 – 83%
o Oliver 75- 69%
o PMRoad Trip - 82%
o Simplilearn – 73%
o Oliver 175 – 88% ( 1 week before the exam and I was at the peak of my preparation)
o PMZilla 25 Tough - 60% ( in between my preparation)

A week before the exam I still had to take Oliver 175 and Edwel and I took Oliver 175 and got 88% correct, then just to have a higher confidence level for the exam I decided not to take Edwel and concentrate on ITTOs for last week
Exam Review
o Not too difficult , not too easy, had many questions on ITTOs( You can easily deduce the answer if you know what the process in question does)
o Difficulty I faced in scenario based questions is selecting among two options after eliminating the other two, some of them look very similar and makes you scratch your head
o There were scenarios where I didn’t know answers for 10-15 questions at a stretch.
o After first 100 questions I wasn’t really sure about the outcome , later test got kind of easier and I completed last 60-70 questions within an hour duration
o I didn’t take any breaks as I took lot of time answering first 100 questions.
o I marked around ~40 questions with in first 100 and when I reviewed it I changed only around 2-3, so my advice would be to trust your intuition
o Mixture of Wordy questions vs on liners(50:50)
o Calculation questions were straight forward.

Overall a great experience and happy to close this project and glad get back my evenings and weekends back ..
Don’t forget to celebrate after the exam
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login