fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam Lesson Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Lesson Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 5 months ago #1652

Shubham Prasad

's Avatar

Hello to all of you.

I passed my CAPM exam on 8th October 2008 and PMP exam on 8th April 2009.

Don’t ask me why 8th, I don’t know !

I would like to thanks PMHub as well as all past LL contributors, who really make me to achieve this great goal (PMP).

Here I am sharing my study materials & strategy for exam preparation:

Study Materials used for CAPM and PMP:

1. PMBOK
2. Andy Crowe
3. RITA Mulcahy
4. Head First PMP
5. PM PrepCast – Audio Classes 

Firstly, I gone through completely one time all above materials and finally; decided to go as follows.

1. PM frame work, lifecycle, PM process, Integration & Scope - Andy Crowe
2. Time & Cost - RITA
3. Quality, HR, Comm, Risk & procurement – HF
4. Professional Responsibility- PM PrepCast

* This is all about becaz of my personal understanding & comfort with study materials.

Study time:

For CAPM nearly I took one month (first week of Sep 2008 to 8th Oct 2008) and PMP one month three days (5th March 2009 to 8th April 2009). Week days minimum 4 Hrs study and weekends nearly 5 to 6 HRS. Listening PrepCast took more time but it gave me better understanding and confidence.

Mock Exams:

1. PM study Free Question -200 (PMP test -1)
2. Pm Study paid Question – 200 (PMP test-3, but I feel it is not much useful. Same as test -1)
3. Velociteach free Questions- 200. (got complementary one week free site access with Andy Crowe book purchase) 
4. Finally, I think we all know Oliver F. Lehmann- 175 Q. Really fantastic to evaluate yourself. Please try in last (after completion of final review of your study) otherwise you may feel difficult.

Rating to Study Materials:

1. PMBOK- No debate, 5 out of 5.
2. Andy Crowe – 3 out of 5.
3. RITA- 5 out of 5.
4. Head First – 3 out of 5.
5. PM PrepCast – Audio Classes- outstanding effort.

**Note: above ratings are my personal opinion and it may vary person to person.

Day of PMP exam:

“Today you will be a PMP”. I repeated many many times in my mind during on the way to prometric.

I started exam with writing down all formula dump first, and I took nearly 7 min. Then I also written PM process and took nearly 6 min. 2 min for review computer tutorial. (This because I was aware during CAPM exam).

100 questions completed nearly in 2 Hrs. and then took 3 min break. I feel one break is necessary to feel myself ok.

Second pass, 100 question finished in another 1 Hrs 25 min.

Finally, I took nearly half an Hrs to fast review more than 50 Questions marked. This was the highest tuff time for me. I suggest unless and until you are not very much uncomfortable don’t mark!

Last one min praying God and waiting for “Congratulation”.

Finally, Congratulation…. PMP….

Additional Tips:

1. Simulate the exam environment and complete at least one 4 hour exam before the real exam. This will help you to build up your resistance for the real exam.

2. Review both correct and wrong answers. It will help you to determine BEST correct answer.
3. Understand ITTO, it will help you lot.

Lastly but not least, I want to thanks all readers for your great time and wishing best of luck to PMP aspirants.

Warm Regards
SHUBHAM PMP, CAPM

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login