fbpx

Reply: I passed, too!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed, too!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 5 months ago #1650

Michael Baker

I passed the PMP exam on 10/2 and, like many others, found the PrepCast very beneficial.

Beginning in January, I took a 10 week prep course (4 hours each Saturday). Along with that, I purchased the PrepCast and listened to it during my 45 minute commute to and from work. I didn't purchase any of the other books people speak of.

While the course was helpful, I believe the PrepCast from Mr. Fichtner was more beneficial (and MUCH cheaper!). He walks you through each knowledge and process area with examples that make sense - he doesn't just read from the PMBOK. One of the things I liked most was at the beginning of each podcast, he does a quick review each of the processes of your current study area, showing a summary and how they all work together.

Somehow, he turns the bland, boring PMBOK into presentations of information that you don't have to memorize, but can simply remember.

Shortly after completing the course and finishing the PrepCast, I ended up moving. After a few months of getting settled and taking care of all the things that go with a "new" house, I forced myself to schedule the exam. I was able to study for a few hours here and there for a couple of weeks leading up to the exam.

My top advice, like Mr. Fichtner suggests several times, is to take as many practice exams as possible. If you can understand and do well on those, then you are ready. Take each question one at a time and don't try to rush or worry about the clock... you know it, just do it! :) My brain dump sheet consisted of 11 formulas and I still had 12 minutes remaining during the "pre-test instructions" - I hit GO and got after it. I hadn't memorized any of the ITTO's, but understood when and how most were used. It took me about 3 hours with no breaks, but that was due to careful examination of many of the questions to be sure I didn't miss any key words. I only marked 1 question for review, and I'm fairly certain that was one of the 25 "test" questions.

Get the PrepCast
Get your application in
Schedule your exam
Study, study, study
Take practice exams
or... do what works best for YOU!

Thank you, Cornelius, for your help!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login