fbpx

Reply: PMP , first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP , first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 6 months ago #2558

Imran Shamim

's Avatar

Syed Imran Shamim wrote:

Hi, I passed my PMP on 4-Oct-10. I just wanna share that passing PMP exam is no fluke. The only short-cut is word by word understanding of PMBOK, PMBOK and PMBOK. On the flip side reading PMBOK is not as easy as it seems. So one has to plan it.
First one must hook him/herself with a date of exam.
Then target every week for every chapter (3-months max) to retain all memory what you learn.
Don't waste your time especially if you are a commuter. Cornelius Fichtner prep cast really really helped me out in understanding and getting grips on those topics that seem a little difficult by reading. (esp procurement, risk and integration)
Before entering into Prometric, i scanned table 3-1 (Page -43)of PMBOK for 15 minutes and then during first 15 minutes before starting exam, i wrote it on to sheets provided by center. this helped me in ITTOs mapping.
All this resulted into the CONGRATULATIONS SCREEN.
Yes i did it!
Regards,
Imran Shamim, P.E., PMP
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

13 years 6 months ago #1648

Syed Imran Shamim

's Avatar

Hi, I passed my PMP on 4-Oct-10. I just wanna share that passing PMP exam is no fluke. The only short-cut is word by word understanding of PMBOK, PMBOK and PMBOK. On the flip side reading PMBOK is not as easy as it seems. So one has to plan it.
First one must hook him/herself with a date of exam.
Then target every week for every chapter (3-months max) to retain all memory what you learn.
Don't waste your time especially if you are a commuter. Cornelius Fichtner prep cast really really helped me out in understanding and getting grips on those topics that seem a little difficult by reading. (esp procurement, risk and integration)
Before entering into Prometric, i scanned table 3-1 (Page -43)of PMBOK for 15 minutes and then during first 15 minutes before starting exam, i wrote it on to sheets provided by center. this helped me in ITTOs mapping.
All this resulted into the CONGRATULATIONS SCREEN.
Yes i did it!
Regards,
Imran Shamim, P.E., PMP
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login