fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP , first attempt

PMP , first attempt 13 years 5 months ago #1648

• Syed Imran Shamim
  • Syed Imran Shamim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hi, I passed my PMP on 4-Oct-10. I just wanna share that passing PMP exam is no fluke. The only short-cut is word by word understanding of PMBOK, PMBOK and PMBOK. On the flip side reading PMBOK is not as easy as it seems. So one has to plan it.
First one must hook him/herself with a date of exam.
Then target every week for every chapter (3-months max) to retain all memory what you learn.
Don't waste your time especially if you are a commuter. Cornelius Fichtner prep cast really really helped me out in understanding and getting grips on those topics that seem a little difficult by reading. (esp procurement, risk and integration)
Before entering into Prometric, i scanned table 3-1 (Page -43)of PMBOK for 15 minutes and then during first 15 minutes before starting exam, i wrote it on to sheets provided by center. this helped me in ITTOs mapping.
All this resulted into the CONGRATULATIONS SCREEN.
Yes i did it!
Regards,
Imran Shamim, P.E., PMP
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:PMP , first attempt 12 years 5 months ago #2558

• Imran Shamim
  • Imran Shamim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Syed Imran Shamim wrote:

Hi, I passed my PMP on 4-Oct-10. I just wanna share that passing PMP exam is no fluke. The only short-cut is word by word understanding of PMBOK, PMBOK and PMBOK. On the flip side reading PMBOK is not as easy as it seems. So one has to plan it.
First one must hook him/herself with a date of exam.
Then target every week for every chapter (3-months max) to retain all memory what you learn.
Don't waste your time especially if you are a commuter. Cornelius Fichtner prep cast really really helped me out in understanding and getting grips on those topics that seem a little difficult by reading. (esp procurement, risk and integration)
Before entering into Prometric, i scanned table 3-1 (Page -43)of PMBOK for 15 minutes and then during first 15 minutes before starting exam, i wrote it on to sheets provided by center. this helped me in ITTOs mapping.
All this resulted into the CONGRATULATIONS SCREEN.
Yes i did it!
Regards,
Imran Shamim, P.E., PMP
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login