fbpx

Reply: Took me 6 weeks to prepare

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Took me 6 weeks to prepare

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 9 months ago #1563

Evgeny Voutchkov

It took me 6 weeks to prepare and I passed the exam on June 21, 2010
I was not working so i was able to read the material for about 3-4 hours daily (couldn't do more - I have 2 small kids that demand my attention as well)

Used the following materials:
1. Andy Crowe's "how to pass the PMP..." book which was easy to read and nice linkage to the PMBOK Guide
2. Cornelius Fichtner's podcast - bought the low=res version but actually didn't find time to listed to all the episodes, only about 50% of them.
3. PMBOK Guide - read about 90% of it, wasn't impressed from the look-and-feel of the text at all, one could qualify it as "low quality" book in terms of style and page structure (sorry PMI)
4. Used some free test questions from the resources listed in the Cornelius web site, what a good quality job he's done!

The exam questions were not as wordy as I feared, but the seer number of questions is overwhelming. I took breaks every hour. Initially marked about 15% of the questions for a second pass, which I did to only the marked questions, not enough time for a full questions review though.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login