fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP passed yesterday

PMP passed yesterday 13 years 10 months ago #1508

• Gerald Derflinger
  • Gerald Derflinger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

yesterday I passed my PMP exam :-) so therefore let me first of all say "Thanks to all of you within this group" who provided me a lot of useful tips during my preparation time. Especially, thank you Cornelius for your PMPrepcast and the PMStudy Coach. Both tools have been a reliable and very very helpful companion during my preparation time.

Also, I would like to give you a quick summary about my preparation:

On the 25th of May 2009 I applied for the PMP exam (yes, you read it correctly one year ago :-)). I started learning the PMBOK guide 4th edt. and Rita's PMP Exam PrepBook. I was thinking during the next 2 months I can "easily" learn beside my daily job continuously so I am able to take the exam in autumn 2009. I read both books and answered all questions from Rita's book. At the end of October 2009 I made my PMP exam, and I failed successfully. Yes, correctly I failed. I really completely under estimated its effort. So, after a few days afterwards I was able to motivate myself again. I started a lot of research on how to prepare, more questions to answer, etc.

This year in January I started my 2nd trial in learning for PMP exam. I chose following material:

- PMBOK
- Rita's PMP Exam PrepBook
- PMPrepCast (Cornelius)
- PMStudy Coach (Cornelius)
- Rita's PMFast Track for questions, questions, questions,.... (you never can answer enough)
- additional Internet websites like:

www.free-pm-exam-questions.com/
www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm
pmzilla.com/
www.project-management-opinions.com/inde...&cat_id=128&Itemid=8
www.testprepreview.com/modules/pmp.htm
certification.about.com/od/projectmanage.../a/pmp_test_whiz.htm
www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...blog&id=39&Itemid=76
www.voightps.de/Free_PMP_exam.asp
gocertify.com/quizzes/projectmanagement/PMP_01.shtml
www.projectdecision.com/selftestnew.htm
www.itworld2.com/pmpq1.aspx
www.effectivepmc.com/simulated-exams

Well, I started after new year 2010 as I said and finished my preparation last week. I took this time more effort to be good prepared. To getting it better under one hat (e.g. with my job) I made a detailed plan for time-administration. I scheduled my trainings in advance, all over this period. In average I studied from MO-FR 2 hours/day. I did 4 full 4-hours PMP simulations and I received 80.5% on my last full simulation training. Furthermore I read the PMBOK 2-times, PMP Exam PrepBook 1-time and I completely accomplished Cornelius' PrepCast and Study Coach. Those 2 tools have been a very good support for helping me to close my knowledge gaps. As I am not a native English speaker I also have to mention, the PrepCast was for me a very good add-on to the PMBOK.

On the day of the PMP exam I was not allowed to take any drinks or foods into the room. So, I decided to make a quick break, if time permits it :-)) After the introduction of our official, I started the tutorial. Within the next 15 minutes I did my brain-dump sheets (all processes, formulas) - afterwards I pressed Start for the exam. After almost 3h 50minutes I had only a small amount of time available to check if I have answered really all questions. I was not able to make any break - I had no time for it. I marked some questions during the exam, but I was not able to review them all. So, I end the exam duly after 4 hours, answered the last administrative questions and got a PASS - thanks god.

So, again thanks to all for your useful tipps and I wish all PMP students good luck and all the best for their preparation/exam.

Gerald, PMP
Last edit: by Rochelle Martinez.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login