fbpx

Reply: Thanks for a great range of products, Cornelius!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Thanks for a great range of products, Cornelius!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 11 months ago #1451

Sameer Bendre

Hello everyone,
First the news: I did pass my PMP in first attempt today!

I had been toying around with the certification idea for quite sometime (last July), but finally took a serious planned approach since Nov-09. In between had a interruption for around 3-3.5 weeks in Feb, but got back on track. So, I would say I gave around 4/4.5 months to prepare.

What I did:
First went through a reading of PMBOK.
Then started searching for addtnl resources and decided to go with PMPrepcast.
Also, bought the book "Achieve PMP"
Then started hearing podcasts and simultaneously reading Achieve PMP and PMBOK.
Solved tests from the book, used the CD with the book to take different exams.
Also bought "UCertify-PMP" and solved different tests.
Took 4 complete tests through these resources between last week of March-April 23rd.
I had purchased the Formula guide (came in pretty handy) and subscribed to the formula context emails by Cornelius - same product- (which I completely forgot to read!)

What I would have LIKED to do:
Would have liked to use a more structured approach like:
1) Read PMBOK & listen to podcasts related to each chapter
2) Then read PMBOK with the BOOK and listen the podcasts
3) Solve tests, formula based questions, read emails - PMP® Formula Guide - and access/focus on weak areas

Today's Testing experience:
Was directed to keep all stuff (small back and snacks in locker)
Carry ONLY ID and locker key
Test center provided Paper, Pencils and Calculator. Even the system/test calculator was working fine.
After signing in I had about 2/3 mins to get my brain dump before the PC gave me the message "Time if finished, click here within a minute or exam will terminate"..
So, that click started the tutorial: Completed the 8 page tutorial in 10 mins so used the next 5 mins to complete my brain dump and started the test.

Many questions are pretty different, in a sense:
1)Wordings, practical/real life situations, What-if scenarios: It's hard to explain, but different than i had practiced/expected.
2)Did have a few calculation questions
3)Many questions were aimed towards ITTOs and phrases like BEST, MOST Likely
4)I felt my test was geared towards the "Quality" stuff more! :)
5) Took break every 50 questions - signed out for water/restroom break
6)Finished exam in 3.5 hrs and could not review all the marked questions.
7)When time was up, came the survey and then came the BLANK SCREEN..
Sure feels like u're waiting forever. Then saw the golden words :).

@PMPrepcast:
1) Helped me clear a LOT of concepts. e.g.: Decision Tree, PDM
I specifically used the ES/LS rectangle Cornelius has suggested and it helped a LOT.
2) Some episodes have repetitions of some stuff which i liked as they were in context and served as revision
3) Applied concepts/Interviews: I could skip or listen when you're not in the "mood" to study
4) Formula guide, 105 formula questions were very useful and I SHOULD have read the emails on the formula guide to help clear additional concepts! :S
5) Quality of prepcast and coverage of topics/details is JUST AWESOME. If you're NOT investing in this product, you're trying to run a marathon on crutches instead of your feet.

Cornelius helps you understand the concept of every key topic from PMBOK.
Also, If you tweet - another interesting way to revise while on twitter is follow @PMExamTips (Mr. Fichtner again behind it) for useful Q/As and tips.

Thanks Cornelius, for a great range of products. I plan to put my PDUCast in auto pilot mode now :). Hope that helps. If you have any specific questions, I will be happy to answer.

To all aspirants, prepare well and all the best!
Sameer Bendre, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login