Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
Thoughts on Prepcast:
- I used the pmprepcast to achieve the 35 PDUs and also as one of my primary study preparation tools.
- Used in conjuncture with the PMBOK to step through all the processes and knowledge areas and fill in the gaps of some of the more challenging and confusing sections of the PMBOK.
- The portability of the podcast was very convenient, but it would have been helpful to have a mp3 available as well. Those are easier to listen to and on the IPhone/IPod, you can listen while having the screen dark and locked while you cannot with the video podcasts.
- Purchase the Andy Bloom book as well. It was also effective in hitting the major and important points, but think it could have been a little more detailed and better structured.
- Best tool for me was taking as many practice exams as possible, to make note of all the questions and concepts I struggled with, and then reviewed and focused my studying on those.
- The exam was both easier and more difficult than i expected. There were a good amounts of questions that were just straightforward and simple. There were more questions focused on the input, tools & techniques, and outputs then I expected. With a solid understanding in general, I was able to work out the majority of the ones I wasn't solid on, but it would have been very helpful to have those memorized and down cold.
- Exam strategy - went through all questions once, marking any question I had any sort of questions/doubts about. Then I went through the marked ones, spending more time and answering most of these - but i left the ones I still had doubt with marked. After my final break, I went through those a second time, answering all.
- Memorizing & writing down the formulas is definitely helpful but make sure you understand the concepts and are able to work them all out on your own.
Thanks to Cornelius for the comprehensive and affordable preparation tool!
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.