fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the exam at the first attempt, 2 above target, 1 at target - preparation

Passed the exam at the first attempt, 2 above target, 1 at target - preparation 1 week 3 days ago #31302

• Christof Tapler
  • Christof Tapler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My preparation (main preparation time ~5 months at evenings):
- Had some 10 training days, organized by the company
- Read the complete the process groups practice guide (highly recommended!)
- Did read some parts of the PMBOK Guide 7th edition
- Watched ~300mins youtube videos from David McLachlan, covering Scrum/Waterfall aspects (highly recommended!)
- Did go through _all_ the questions from the PMP Exam simulator (highly recommended!) (at some point the simulator told that it is out of new questions, so I went through some questions twice)
- On the day before the exam I purchased the PMP Authorized Online PMP Practice Exam (~USD 100) and went through all the 260 questions (highly recommended!) (should have done that a few days earlier)

I did the online exam. They are quite strict wrt the work place and during the exam (avoid speaking to yourself, they will tell you to stop quickly :) ).
Had to show all the details at and around my desk. Took some 10 minutes to enroll. Setup is quite professional, did work perfectly fine.
At the end of the exam I didn't have a good feeling. Wasn't really sure about the outcome. Because in quite a few cases I had the impression that multiple options would be just right.
Moreover, in some few cases I was struggling a bit with the English description (I am not a native speaker).

Finally I made it, but I have to admit, it's not easiest exam. It takes time to prepare and probably a bit of luck, too.

Christoph
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login