fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Exam (3AT in 1st Attempt)

Passed the PMP Exam (3AT in 1st Attempt) 2 months 2 days ago #31190

• Marlon Edoria
  • Marlon Edoria's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello to All,

A few days ago, I successfully passed one of the toughest examinations in my career (PMP), and now it's time to give back and share what I've learned. It wasn't an easy journey, especially considering the other busy and important aspects of our lives like a full-time job and family responsibilities, among others.

Here's how I prepared and go through the journey:

PREPARATION:
1. After receiving approval from PMI, I set a deadline for myself to sit for the exam (approximately 2.5 months after approval).
2. I created a master study plan that would fit the target examination date and my current situation.
3. I purchased the essential PM Prepcast (I chose the deluxe version).
4. During weekdays after work, I dedicated at least 3 hours to reading books or watching YouTube videos on key PMP concepts. After this study time, I answered at least 30 timed quiz questions on PM Prepcast to enhance my learning and get a feel for the exam environment.
5. On Saturdays, I took a full exam on PM Prepcast, with two 10-minute breaks, and refrained from cheating or looking up references. After completing the exam, I spent the rest of the day reviewing the results, focusing on incorrect answers first. I also reviewed my correct answers, marked and unmarked, to ensure understanding and retention.
6. On Sundays, I spent additional time reviewing the exam results from Saturday. This review process was crucial throughout my preparation. The after-exam review provided by PM Prepcast, with detailed explanations and diagrams, was immensely helpful for understanding.
7. I repeated this cycle of studying, practicing exams, and reviewing results weeks and days before the exam.
8. I also read some PM Prepcast forum content for ideas and important updates, learning from others' experiences during their preparation and exams.
9. I took practice exams on the study hall to get more practice and understand the exam's vagueness, which some candidates had mentioned. After doing practice exams, I felt a bit demoralized due to the results.
10. I persisted in studying and practicing exams, going back to some PM Prepcast quizzes and full exams. Despite not getting very good grades initially, reviewing the exam results was crucial, as mentioned in step #6.

DAY BEFORE THE EXAM:
1. I simulated the travel to the testing center.
2. I had a quick query with the testing center receptionist to confirm that I was in the right place and to ensure I had all necessary requirements, such as a valid ID and PMI letter.
3. I formulated a contingency plan for commuting, ensuring alternative options were available if needed.
4. After the commute simulation and visiting the test center, I did a quick review of key concepts, important formulas, and a YouTube overview video of the PMBOK.

ON THE DAY OF THE EXAM:
1. I arrived at the testing center approximately 45 minutes before the scheduled start of the test to complete necessary tasks such as check-in.
2. After checking in, I did some breathing exercises before starting the exam.
3. During the exam, I encountered questions that left me with only two remaining choices, both of which I thought were correct. This made me a little nervous, but thanks to the confidence gained during my preparation, especially from doing the PM Prepcast simulation, I was able to handle such situations.
4. I fully reviewed the first section of the exam before submitting, but for the other sections, I submitted them with only minimal review.
5. It was important to manage the pace of the exam and be aware of the remaining time. I divided the total allotted time into three chunks to know when to take breaks. There was no automatic reminder for breaks during the actual exam; examinees had to set it themselves.
6. During the break, I had a banana and some coffee to boost my energy and stamina.
7. I submitted the last section of the exam with less than a minute of time remaining. I waited for the screen to show "CONGRATULATIONS" or "SORRY," but instead, the proctor approached me and handed over a provisional pass letter.
8. I celebrated the result privately while waiting for the official and final result from PMI before announcing it to my loved ones. Approximately 23 hours later, I received the email from PMI with the official pass result and exam details.

Thank you so much to the people behind the PM Prepcast, you've did a very fantastic job in creating this simulator. My journey to the PMP will be more tougher and chaotic without this.

To other members of the forum who are currently studying and using the PM Prepcast simulation, you have a valuable tool for success. Remember to stay focused, take breaks when needed, and believe in yourself. You've got this!

Passed the PMP Exam (3AT in 1st Attempt) 2 months 2 days ago #31191

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations, Marlon, for passing your exam. And thank you for sharing your strategies with the community.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader

Passed the PMP Exam (3AT in 1st Attempt) 1 month 3 weeks ago #31223

• Dinesh Bramhapurkar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
HI, Congratulations, Interesting to know, How much percentage you used to get in Prepcast Simulator?

Passed the PMP Exam (3AT in 1st Attempt) 1 month 2 weeks ago #31231

• Marlon Edoria
  • Marlon Edoria's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Dinesh,

Thank you!
I am averaging 70s on the exam, then 80s on the timed quizzes.
After completing all the 4 exams, I tried redoing the 1st exam, in which I scored 90s.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login