fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP® exam AT/AT/AT on my first try

Passed the PMP® exam AT/AT/AT on my first try 7 months 4 weeks ago #30774

• Niksa Stepanovic
  • Niksa Stepanovic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I hope my post does not break any rule of disclosing exam details. If so, please inform me. I just want to share my experience with the community.

I passed this exam with the help of this simulator, but I used PMBOK 6th and 7th editions and the Agile Practice Guide since
I wanted to have a broad knowledge of terminology and concepts. I suggest everyone do the same.

However, I must note that the questions from this simulator, while very helpful in confirming my knowledge of terminology and concepts for PMBOK and making me feel comfortable with exam conditions,
feel very different from those on the actual exam. This simulator teaches you concepts and terminology and builds your stamina for the exam. After a while, you learn to recognize keywords in questions,
which are unambiguous indicators for the correct answer. But the actual exam is much more situational and vague. It is not meant to test your knowledge systematically; answers are ambiguous and very similar,
and most questions have no obvious correct answer.

I was sure I would fail the test until the last moment before receiving my results because I was used to questions that tested my knowledge of ITTOs, terminology, and concepts from PMBOK and the
Agile Practice Guide. I would argue that the actual exam tests your ability to detect the best way to solve a practical problem based on principles and a project management framework described in the
literature mentioned.

Even if this is the case, you should not be concerned; be aware of this before the exam so you will not be surprised and discouraged while you do your exam.

Passed the PMP® exam AT/AT/AT on my first try 7 months 4 weeks ago #30776

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Niksa,

Many congratulations on passing the PMP exam! Thank you for sharing your experience which I am sure other students will find helpful. Make sure you take some time to celebrate as this is no easy task to accomplish. Enjoy the PMP designation!

Cheers,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO

Passed the PMP® exam AT/AT/AT on my first try 7 months 1 week ago #30818

• Beto L
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Niksa,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

I am currently studying and I also bought the PMI study hall, where they have exam simulators.

I feel that they are quite vague in both, questions and answers. I am struggling a bit there while taking the simulators.

This is the second feedback I have seen about the real exam is pretry vague in both questions and answers.

I know this feeling of not sure if we are getting things right.

Thanks a lot.

Passed the PMP® exam AT/AT/AT on my first try 7 months 1 week ago #30831

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Beto,

I wouldn't let your score discourage you from moving forward and continuing to focus on the task ahead. I also did horrible in all of the PMI sample questions, I was at about mid 70s in the PM PrepCast simulation exams (I did all 4 of them), and I ended up passing the PMP exam with an overall AT. I made the mistake of taking the PMI sample questions too close to the exam, and I felt a little nervous that I was getting such low scores, but I didn't let that deter from my focus.
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login