fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on 1st try, 3ATs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on 1st try, 3ATs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 2 months ago #30172

Sameer Menda

Hello Jason!

Congratulations on clearing PMP!!

We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 2 months ago #30171

Jason Hosler

I have been lackadasically studying for the PMP since the start of the year, and in earnest since October. This study has consisted of PMP-prepcast simulator exams (both timed, learning, and mock), as well as one PMI study hall exam and a bunch of flashcards. My studying pattern was pretty inconsistent, with usually 2-4 small quizzes a week, no studying on the weekend, and working in a full mock test once a week for the last 5 weeks. My prepcast mock scores were 65, 67, 71 and 76 respectively, while the one PMI study hall exam was only 68. My major concern going into the test was my weak grasp on memorized formulas for various calculations and ITTO specifics. When I first tried to schedule my test, I apparently missed the secondary confirmation of the appointment, so I showed up at Pearson last Friday only to find that I wasn't on the schedule. I called PMI to get that corrected and had so similar hurdles when I showed up today.

The exam itself was nowhere near as difficult as I was expecting and I didn't see a single calculation or ITTO specific question. Overall test time was just over 2 hours, with skipping the second break period. I was fairly confident as I was wrapping up that I would pass, but did not expect to have 3 ATs as well.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login