fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP 1st attempt 3 ATs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP 1st attempt 3 ATs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 2 months ago #30157

Stan Po - Admin

George,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 2 months ago #30156

George Bursha

My story is not as glamorous as some others. Though I passed 1st attempt I definitely over prepared. I think I first purchased the PrepCast product around 10 years ago. I engaged it and read versions 5, 6 and 7 of the PMBOK over that time. It really was the last 6 months though I can claim solid engagement. Each time I simply kept doing my job verse the final push to take the exam. I'm a functional IT manager in the infrastructure space. Getting the PMP isn't likely going to forward my career, but I wanted the certification as a reflection of my experience as both an engineer and a manager with many projects in my many years. I read the guides cover to cover multiple times. Additionally, I read the other publications mentioned/suggested by Cornelius Fichtner and watched some of the videos suggested for participation. My only tip is this. Even if you over prepare and over procrastinate sitting for the test like myself you will fail if you do not embrace the "Mindset" message from Cornelius. I found this presented well in a youtube video around the end-of-life of the PrepCast product created at the time the PMBok version 6 was the latest. Additionally understanding that the exam is based on the exam content outline from PMI and no single publication is paramount. I used the simulator until my scores regularly approached 70% on the 10 question quizzes and then engaged the sample tests. Having the experience to sit for the exam also is a longer process when you're a functional manager. I run projects but as a functional manager the years to have the contiguous time on the calendar to submit work experience with integrity and is defendable takes time.

I just never did understand the bell demonstrations at the end of some of the videos, but they helped break up the grind. If you hear them...you're like me...you read every word including appendix items and watch every moment of every video. A functional manager with enough years can gain the required experience and if you really engage the material and training it will be harder than those who are primarily project managers for a living, but you can do it. I'm evidence of that.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login