fbpx

Reply: My Journey - Passed the PMP Exam with 2AT and 1T

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My Journey - Passed the PMP Exam with 2AT and 1T

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 3 months ago #30061

Sameer Menda

Hello Zaeem!

Congratulations on passing your exam and Welcome to the PMP Club.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 4 months ago #30057

Zaeem Butt

I started preparing for the exam in the middle of August, so roughly 3 months of studying. I rescheduled my exam a couple of times because I felt like I wasn't ready. Regardless, I passed the exam yesterday on my first attempt and I couldn't be happier. I was not very consistent with my plan in terms of studying every day, on average I don't think I studied more than an hour a day and that includes the weekend. In retrospective, I wish I was more focused and studied more to take the exam in less than 2 months instead of delaying for another month or so. Following is the plan I used.

1) Application Process - I spent the first 10-15 days completing my application.
2) 35 PDU Hours - The next 2-3 weeks, I watched the videos by Joseph Philips. I learned a lot from this course. Highly recommend it for not only to obtain the 35 PDUs but also to learn.
3) Agile Practive Guide - Next week or so I read the Agile Practice Guide, fairly easy read. I would definitely recommend it.
4) PrepCast PM Exam Simulator - I took the first practice exam and scored 63%. Then I reviewed the wrong answers and explanations. Went back to rewatch the videos by Joseph Philips and read the Agile practice guide. Took some timed quizzes after that. Then took the second practice exam, scored 70%. I wish I had taken the exam after that but I was trying to get 75% that I never got to achieve. I did take a few more timed 60 question quizzes but still didn't score more than 70%. Very important to practice and get used to pace. Actual PMP exam questions very similar but maybe harder.
5) 200 Agile PMP Questions and Answers by David McLachlan -
- Watched the entire video and I found this video to be very useful in getting a better understanding on Agile. Strongly recommend it.
6) PMP Exam Itself - I found the exam questions to be more difficult and confusing than the PrepCast Exam Simulator or that's how I felt during the exam, maybe it was the pressure of the exam itself that made me feel that way. Honestly, throughout the exam I didn't know how I was doing and thought I was going to fail. During the 10 minute breaks, I still kept encouraging myself that I can do this and kept reminding myself to keep pushing through and focus. I was shocked or pleasantly surprised to see the results.

I wish everyone else the best of luck in their journey to become PMP certified. If I can do this then I am sure you all can do it as well.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login