fbpx

Reply: PMP Passed on first attempt with 3 AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Passed on first attempt with 3 AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 6 months ago #29876

Marjorie Leyland

Thanks Stan - great work from all of you. I also enjoyed this forum to keep my sanity while I was studying.
1 year 6 months ago #29874

Stan Po - Admin

Marjorie,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 6 months ago #29872

Marjorie Leyland

Thank you to PM PrepCast for the wonderful preparation provided by your Exam Simulator and Videos. Both were very helpful to study with for this exam.

I would emphasize practicing as much as you can for this exam as it is brutal. I had previously written my CAPM in 2018, but the PMP is the next level up . I had done about 60% of the questions in the exam simulator and was scoring 73% / 76% /77% on the exams. It really is putting all that you have studied to use when you write this exam. Vagueness is exactly how I would describe it. I was certain after the first 60 questions I was failing this and was pleasantly surprised when it came up with congratulations - you have passed at the end of my exam.

A few other tips - think "Servant Leadership" when answering the questions, it will guide you along the way to answers. Get a good night's sleep the night before you write your exam. Understand the concepts and you will be able to work your way through the exam. It is tiring writing a 4 hour exam and the practice exams helped me prepare for this fact.

Be diligent in your studies and you will get there. I read the PMBOK 6, PMBOK 7 and the Agile Manual. I also used the PMP Exam Prep Kit by Andy Crowe. I would say though that PrepCast is more up-to-date at the moment. Andy's was good for the PMBOK 6, but was light on the agile. I also used Brainbok and was good to review the processes to make sure that was solid as it makes it more of a game and changed up how I studied.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login