fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP Exam July 2022

Passed my PMP Exam July 2022 1 year 8 months ago #29631

• Jas Baidwan
  • Jas Baidwan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All

I passed my PMP exam this morning at my first sitting. All the hard work and effort paid off.

I do have a question however as I am confused with the summary report given to me at the end. I was above target in 2 domains and 1 domain it says - Needs Improvement? I was under the impression that would have been an automatic failure?

Has anyone else got this? Not sure if I am being over critical of myself or PMI said I passed and I haven't my paranoia has kicked in!

Please advise

Thanks
Jas

Passed my PMP Exam July 2022 1 year 8 months ago #29632

• Harry Elston
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Jas,

First, congratulations!

Next, bear in mind that Pass/Fail is based on the overall score of the entire exam, not how well you did in any individual Domain. The Domains are not weighted equally: People = 42%, Process = 50% and Business Environment = 8%. That means if you hit a "needs improvement" in the Business Environment Domain, you did well enough in each of the others to make an overall "Pass."

Hope this makes sense!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
Last edit: by Harry Elston. Reason: typo

Passed my PMP Exam July 2022 1 year 8 months ago #29633

• Jas
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Harry,

Thank you so much for clarifying. My understanding was clearly incorrect.

Overall I felt the exam went well and was happy when I saw the 'Congratulations' message at the end :-)

Good luck to all those due to take it, I didn't perform as well in my mock exams which were the Prepcast ones. However today I restored my confidence and self belief and managed to Pass. If I can do it anyone can!

Kind Regards,
Jas
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login