fbpx
Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : [email protected]

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 9 months ago #29514

Cornelius Fichtner

@Eva

I can answer that...

Agile Practice Guide: This is the official Agile Practice Guide that is published by PMI. If you are a PMI member, then you can download it from this page here: www.pm-prepcast.com/apgdl

Simulator: This is the PrepCast simulator (my product) which you can find here: www.pm-exam-simulator.com/pmp
1 year 9 months ago #29513

Eva Carter

's Avatar

Thank you so much for sharing your tips and congrats!!! I had one question hoping to learn from you: May I ask regarding your resources: What "Agile Practice Guide" did you purchase? Is there a specific one you used? You also mentioned buying a "Prepcast Simulator" - may I ask is there a brand for this or link? Thank you again, I just purchased the Rita Mulcahy book just now!
1 year 9 months ago #29487

Stan Po - Admin

Swapnil,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 9 months ago #29483

Passed in 1st Attempt

's Avatar

I passed the PMP exam on 03-June 2022 with 2AT and 1T. I always mentally visualized the moment after finishing the exam when the 'congratulations' message pops up on the screen. Personally this was the most satisfying experience for me.
Lessons Learnt :
(a) Choose your study resources carefully. The examination has changed and include a thorough understanding of Agile and Hybrid methodologies. My go to study resources were - Rita Mulcahy, PMBOK-6 & 7 and Agile Practice Guide. Besides these main study resources, I referred to a number of online free available PMP preparation webinars including some from Cornelius, practice questions like David McLachlan 200 Agile video, Oliver Lehmann's practice questions. However, the most important decision was to buy the Prepcast Simulator. This is a brilliant tool to prepare, improve knowledge areas and helps in time management.
(b) Dedication and Self Motivation: Treat PMP as a Project. It took almost 5 months for me (due to work and family commitments) to schedule and sit for the exam. A regular dedication is required to cover the entire syllabus and even then the actual exam will surprise you. It was both - iteration based approach to study the topics again and again which helped in incremental learning. Practice quizzes in the simulator after going through a chapter was very effective.
(c) Time Management : As highlighted above, a simulator is a key to success. The Prepcast simulator was a fantastic tool for overall improvement. I completed close to 1900 questions and completed all four practice (mock) exams. The mock exams prepare you well in terms of scheduling your breaks and overall time management. There are wonderful statistical features in the simulator which motivates you to improve. The explanations provided (even for the wrong answer options) are thorough, clear and tremendously helps in learning from mistakes. I always remembered the backwards time calculation: 230 min(180Q) -153 min(120Q) - 77 min(60Q).
(d) I chose to give the exam at a test center which was a great experience. The testing experience was excellent with water, locker, washroom facilities. The noise cancellation headphones provided by the testing center were helpful in maintaining the concentration levels to run this marathon 4 hour exam. Do take the 10 min breaks. The mock exams in the simulator are timed to include two 10 min breaks.
(e) The actual exam questions were similar to Prepcast simulator in terms of difficulty levels but were definitely more vague. The questions were 50% Predictive and 50% Agile/Hybrid. Prepare yourself (mindset) because the actual exam WILL surprise you. It took me 10-15 mins to calm down when answering the first lot of 60 questions in the exam. Drag-Drop questions (5-7Q) were wordy, tricky and can take extra time so practice them well. There were several choose 2/3 options type questions, 1 fill in the blanks type question, zero formula based questions and almost 100% questions based on a situation / scenario. Remember, there WILL be moments in the actual exam when you feel 'I might not pass' but key is to stay focused, well hydrated and utilize your breaks well. It definitely helps a lot.
Now I am proud and happy to have earned by PMP credential.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login