fbpx

Reply: 3AT this morning. My process.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 3AT this morning. My process.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 9 months ago #29470

Stan Po - Admin

William,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 9 months ago #29469

William Armstrong

Hey so I just passed 3AT and my advice would be to really look at the breakdown from the simulator. After you nail down which areas, I would take learning quizzes and only use material you have not seen yet to really get a clear idea. Every area I was under 70% I hammered questions until 75%. I took the practice exams (all 4) 66% 70% 67% 73% and then retook practice exam 1 a week later after my quiz regimen which usually included groups of 50 questions in the specific area. The other cool thing about the quizzes is you can hint and answer every question as you go. I liked this over taking a 250 minute practice exams just to cover an area I needed development in. Additionally when I retook exam 1 I noticed that I remembered some of the questions more than likely because I went over everything I missed the first time (66% so I had alot to go over). The fifth and final practice exam (retake of exam 1) I scored an 84%. I reviewed what I missed from it because I was a little upset I couldn't ace it. But the next day (today) I took the real PMP and passed. I honestly thought I might have failed. Its really tough to figure pace on the first 60 questions (took me 90 minutes). Second section took only 60 because I was playing catchup. I started section 3 after my 2nd 10 minute break with 73 minutes, (was trying to use "80,80,70"). I finished section 3 with a slight review and had 1.5 minutes left.

I took PM Master Prep 7 day Accelerator took me 10 days.
I read the Agile Guide because I'm a vet and I suck gray areas.
Itto Patterns :

200 Agile PMP Questions and Answers with David McLachlan:

And finally my ace hole.. This exam simulator from prep cast. Hands down the best money I spent in prep was a reassurance that prep cast may actually be harder then the real PMP. Which for me was a no brainer since I can actually gauge my performance using that. On a quick side note. There was one (1) question on my exam that read exactly like a question from the simulators. I just smiled and answered and went on lol.
Running a 3 monitor set up with PM One view on the right. Just the 49 process chart but clickable. Exam material in the middle. And the pmbok, agile guide, and 7th edition on the left. I studied 10-14 hours a day from May 2 until today. I don't recommend this, but I just proved you can do it. i don't know if anyone besides me reads these things but I wish you all the best and a special thanks to prep cast. Be well All.

Will Armstrong Sr., MBA, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login