fbpx

Reply: Folks, passed PMP exam today ... 3 ATs !

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Folks, passed PMP exam today ... 3 ATs !

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 2 months ago #29049

Salman Ahmed

Thanks Stan, yeah that's a good feature you all have in the simulator ... to provide feedback.

I really liked this product and will recommend to other PMP aspirants. PM PrepCast team is awesome !
2 years 2 months ago #29048

Stan Po - Admin

Salman,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the valuable inputs you provided via the Live Feedback feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 2 months ago #29047

Salman Ahmed

Hello folks,

You all can do it, make a study schedule whatever works for you, work toward your goal. 1 to 2 hours daily and over weekend you can spend more time (4 to 5 hours). One important thing is that after taking the practice exam go over all 180 Qs (Right/Wrong) and read the explanations in the PM PrepCast Exam Simulator, do the same with any other practice tests. I overall took 4 practice exams and attempted additional Qs from Timed and Learning Quiz that comes with the PM PrepCast simulator.

PM PrepCast Exam Simulator
The PM Exam Prep Simulator was one of the key resource to prepare for PMP. The quality of questions, explanation of answer choices and references at the bottom are great, you will learn a lot by using this simulator. I took only 2 full length exam (73.3% and 74.4%) but completed 720 practice questions averaging 74.44% (I sometimes picked a specific knowledge area for the practice Qs and sometime overall).

However before using simulator, you need to know what PMP exam content outline is and how to prepare for it, basically you have to study and fill the gaps in your knowledge. I used the following resources to study.
Books
1, Agile Practice Guide from cover to cover, including Glossary, this is a good publication from PMI/Agile Alliance, make sure to go over this APG 3 times.
2. PMBOK 6th Edition ... I used it as a reference and focused on areas where I was doing mistakes in practice exams. This helped me with covering the gaps in my knowledge.
3. PMBOK 7th Edition ... I just glanced thru some of the new topics that are introduced in PMBOK 7.
4. I had an older version of Rita's book which I used as a reference.

Youtube videos
1. PMP with Ray [Change Control 2 videos, How to memorize processes, contracts and few others]
2. Aileen Ellis [Expected Monetary Value, WPD/WPI/WPR, Deliverables, PMBOK6 process outputs, Agile Qs and many other]
3. David McLachlan 200 Agile Qs. Do this once you read the APG at least 3 times and have a solid understanding of agile topics.

Course
4. I took Andrew R course on udemy. 88% on Practice test.

Practice Test
5. I purchased another practice test, Nilotpal Ray from udemy, difficulty level seems to be high. (60Q -73%, 60Q -71%, 60Q - 80%).

Thanks,
Salman

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login