fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP with 3 AT's on first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP with 3 AT's on first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 months ago #28735

Stan Po - Admin

Doug,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 4 months ago #28731

Doug Soulek

Put in my application last spring thinking I would be able to study up and take the test in the summer. Read the PMBOK and Agile Guide fully and then life and work got in the way and didn't loo at much for a few months. Picked it back up and hit the exam simulator hard, doing as many short quizzes as I could fit in whenever I could. Re-read Agile completely and areas of the PMBOK that the quizzes were showing I was weak in. Did two full mock exams at four weeks and two weeks prior to full test. Didn't ace either by any stretch but gave me the confidence to be able to sit through a full exam without burnout and helped slow myself down as time was not an issue for me. Found the test to be 80-85% Agile and Hybrid so make sure you have the basics of these down solid. Did not have a single math or formula question on the test. The exam simulator was undoubtedly why I passed as it gives a very accurate representation of the type and style of questions you will see.

Resources used,
PrepCast Simulator (lots of small quizzes and did a full exam at four weeks and two weeks before the actual test to make sure I was on track)
PMBOK
Agile practice guide (know this one fairly well)
PMP with Ray podcast

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login