fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: YES! It´s possible to pass the exam at the first attemp! Preparation in 18 days!

YES! It´s possible to pass the exam at the first attemp! Preparation in 18 days! 2 years 4 months ago #28557

• Axel Herrera Wentzel
  • Axel Herrera Wentzel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everybody,
I passed the PMP exam (Pearson VUE center in Munich) on 10/22/2021 with very good performance in all domains! Thank you PrepCast team very much for the creation of the simulator!! Without it I wouldn´t have passed!
I´m very happy after passsing the PMP exam, that´s why I want to share with you how I did it, maybe this helps and motivates you to pass the exam as well.

First of all I want to mention, that I´ve prepared the exam as a "full time job", i.e. I didn´t go to work in that time, because I wanted to use the time as efficiently as possible. I needed in total 18 days (8 hours each day in average). This was extremely hard to accomplish and I had to have a lot of motivation and discipline.

The most important thing for the preparation is that you need to have a schedule and a methodology, otherwise it is very hard to be successful. This is how I did it:
I started to read Rita´s book 18 days before the exam. Every morning I read a chapter a day (in average) and after reading each chapter I did all the questions of the book in "exam mode", i.e. I calculated the total time for the number of questions, in average 77 seconds per question. After answering the book´s questions I only read the questions I answered incorrectly to find out why. In the afternoon after the "preliminary preparation" I did the questions of the simulator belonging to the chapter, also in "exam mode" (timed quizzes, number of questions: only 30 each quiz). After answering all questions of the corresponding chapter/knowledge area I only read the questions I answered incorrectly and those which I marked during the quizzes. In total I did 70 timed quizzes (pass quote 73%). I didn´t practice with the "learning mode" with hints, just because I didn´t have the time to do that. Before starting with the 4 simulator´s exams I read again the chapters "Scope", "Schedule" and "Cost", because I had less than 70% correct answers in the first attemps of the quizzes of these knowledge areas and because I think these 3 areas are the most difficult. In the last 4 days before the exam I began to do the 4 simulator exams, 1 exam a day. I´ve passed all of them in the first attemp (71%, 80%, 74% and 76%). In total I needed almost 45 hours to do the 70 quizzes and 4 exams! It was really like a marathon, but it was worth it!

I think I wouln´t have passed the PMP exam without the PrepCast simulator, because it prepares you not only with questions that are very similar to the real exam, but also the quizzes and exams are a perfect training you have to do just to get a feeling how the real exam is going to be. To be honest, I think the simulator questions are more difficult than the real questions, but this is good, because you can be sure you can pass the real exam, if you pass the exams in the simulator.

If you have any questions drop me a line, maybe I can help.

I wish you all the best for the exam.

Axel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisa Jarzina

YES! It´s possible to pass the exam at the first attemp! Preparation in 18 days! 2 years 4 months ago #28559

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations! It's so good to hear our products were part of your journey to certification. Thanks for coming back and sharing your lessons learned with the community.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login