fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam with AT for all the 3 domains

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam with AT for all the 3 domains

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 6 months ago #28306

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Li!

Thank you for sharing your PMP exam journey and good luck with your future endeavors.
2 years 6 months ago #28301

Li Chen

Hi ALL,
I have passed the PMP exam at the 1st try with AT for all the 3 domains.
I noticed that many people passed with AT as well, congratulations to all~
I would like to share my lessons learned and hope they are useful to people who are still preparing for the exam.

1, Read through Rita's book tenth edition and noted down important points.
I read very slowly and tried to understand every point mentioned especially tricks of the trades.
It's important because this is the 1st step to connect to the exam.

2, Specially focusing on Agile part by reading through Agile Practice Guide for once.
For people like me who has no experience of working in Agile environment I think it very important to have this step because it can help to understand the details on Agile and integrate the points mentioned in Rita's book.

3, Schedule to practice the quizzes in the PM Prepcast Simulator.
To be honest I think it more than enough if you can finish all the quizzes and review them properly.
When I passed the exam, I only managed to finish about 3/4 quizzes including the 4 exams with only one attempt.

---At the beginning I reviewed very slowly. I could only finish 20 quizzes in 2-3 hours because I reviewed not only the wrong questions but also the correct ones.
I had tried to understand the logic behind the answers and compared with mine. In this case I would be able to adjust and refine my understandings.
For some quizzes although I answered correctly but my understanding might still be very limited. By reading the elaborate explanation I would be able to fill the gaps of relevant knowledge which was missing in my try.
When next time encountering the similar quiz asking from other perspective, I would also be able to answer correctly.
Filling the gaps include checking relevant subjects in PMBOK, surfing online and integrate the knowledge in review sheet.
That's why it took me very long time.

---After about one and a half months I tried to practice more quizzes at a time and only reviewed wrong quizzes because I had no more time to review as detailed as previously.
At this stage I mainly trained my speed of reaction and filled the gaps for wrongly answered part.

4, No matter how, remember to arrange time to practice the exam 1~4 like actual exam!!
I had been very slow all the time and practicing the exams at least gave me the idea how I could arrange and control my time even still being very slow. And this helped me to get the feeling of sitting 230 minutes ---it's really long time 555~
I was even not able to review all the mistakes in the exams. But it's fine, because the purpose is simulation and what I need to learn has been done during earlier stages.

5, If you failed at the 1st try maybe you can consider to use your native language from preparing the exam to have the exam next time.
Because my friend told me that it's easier to use native language instead of English. For example, the quiz is only one line in Chinese but 3 lines in English. I think that's why I have been very slowly in reading the questions.
Looking forward to see PM Prepcast Simulator in Chinese version, haha~~

6, Don't give yourself too much pressure and better use the 2x10 minutes break to relax yourself.

Above are all I think helpful to myself. You may tailor your own way to achieve the success.
I would like to thank PM Prepcast team for the great platform and well organized quizzes and answers.
Wish everyone succeed and get good result.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login