fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lessons learned after passing PMP

Lessons learned after passing PMP 2 years 7 months ago #28004

• EHAB ABUSHMAIS
  • EHAB ABUSHMAIS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Must take one course on PM from your choice of providers, no need to do multiple classes, you will benefit more from taking as many as possible simulation questions.
I average 67% on Prepcast simulator on 500 questions.
Almost 50+ questions where about what would the PM do first, or do next.
Andrew Ramdayal on YouTube sessions were very helpful. The way he analyze the answer to the question was most helpful for me to grasp the PM mind set when reading any exam questions.
Timing is key. I finished on time, with no seconds to spare. Your practice should focus on reading (and comprehending) on the first go. Don’t get hung on any question, if not sure select an answer and move on. There was no time for me to review any question I marked. Don’t waste time with the exam tools: highlight, strikethrough, or the calculator unless you are super-fast and comfortable. I used none of those tools and barely finished on time.
Note that the timer on the exam sucks because you don’t know how much time are you spending without wasting valuable time calculating it in your head. The timer on the exam shows you how much time remaining only. If you can have a timer on the wall facing you that starts at 75 minutes to count down, that would be better. Math has it as 75 minutes for each 60 questions segment, then you can reset at your 10 minutes break.
Take your 10 minutes break, get water, go to the bathroom, do some push-ups and breath before starting the next 60 questions. This is a marathon!
Note that you can start immediately after you are cleared by the proctor. I did the exam from home. My exam was at 7 AM, I logged in at 6:30 AM and the proctor gave clearance at 6:35 to start the exam.
The majority of the questions were Agile related, next hybrid, and last traditional. Perhaps 75/20/5 %
The majority of the questions were scenario based, except for the few drag and drop and matching.
There was only 2 questions related to formulas that required basic understanding of the meaning of the formula result, such as positive is good, negative is not, >1 is a head of schedule under budget, <1 is the opposite.
Memorization will not help at all, if anything it's stressful. The exam tested the level of understanding of project management concepts skills and how to apply them for the benefit, adding value, to a project.
Many question where related to project team, such as new member on the team how would you get them up to speed? Do you, as a PM, coach them or do you send them on training? Or do you assign a senior team member to coach them? Do you allow team members choose what teams to work on? Or do you assign them to a team based on the project need of their skills?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shruthi S

Lessons learned after passing PMP 2 years 7 months ago #28012

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Ehab,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

[email protected] 2 years 7 months ago #28021

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Stan!
One benefit of the simulator that I forgot to mention was the time spent on each question.
Knowing how much time I spend on each question gave me awareness on which questions to not waste time overthinking the answer.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login