fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam PASSED 3 domains above target!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam PASSED 3 domains above target!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 8 months ago #27955

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
2 years 8 months ago #27934

EWA LUCJA ZIELINSKA

I passed PMP exam on 21/07!! :) It was really amazing feeling to see: above target score in all three domains!!!
I strongly believe that Prepcast material and Exam simulator were my keys to success and I will tell you why.

1. I used the following materials:
- pmbok 6th edition and Agile PG
- rita's M. book 9th edition - questions and some concepts that are not covered in PMBOK and it was really useful source
- PrepCast Course - amazing course, really appreciate hard word you've done to prepare it. The content is explained in easy way that you understand all material without a problem. Cornelius gives a lot of examples of real life situation explaining the processes that afterwards become are very clear and reasonable.
- PrepCast Exam Simulator - my favourite!!! The best tool to make you feel more prepared for real exam because it has scenario-based, situational questions that really helped me out to figure out not only the best answer for the exam, but also put in practice theory I have studied

2. Taking the exam:
I must say that I was quite nervous even though I was preparing for this 3 months. I have 2 tips from my side to manage better exam itself:
1) Monitor and manage your time very carefully. Even through I took two breaks, questions from 1-120 were a really difficult ones for me so it took me more than expected to answer them. After the second break I had only 50 secs per question so I was getting very nervous, especially because some questions are long and I needed to read them crefully two times beforse answering (caused by stress of course)
2) I used two breaks provided to gain a little time to calm down, rest for few minutes, drink water, recharge batteries to be ready for next 60 questions. I highly reccomend it! 4 hours exam is really exhausting so use both of them. I avoided this way thing called "exam fatigue" when you are so anxious and exhausted that you even don't care about the final result and I fighted til the end. Take a deep breath and don't give up! :)
The real exam is a little bit harder tham exam simulator because a lot od questions are made to confuse you, can have more than two correct answers so I wasn't so confident about the final result.
All the questions were situational, real life situations, scenario-based and what PM should do next, etc.
I passed it thankfull to the all PrepCast material and especially, Exam Simulator that gave me a great "gym" for the real exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login