fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: 11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27772

• Jiajun Liao
  • Jiajun Liao's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I spent 1 week completing the PMP course to get the required 35 hours, but a course doesn't help a lot with test prep; practice serves to pass the exam. PrepCast is a great tool and the only tool you need to pass the exam.
I spent 11 days (meanwhile, full-time work) preparing for the PMP exam with PreCast and passed the exam with AT/AT/AT. Here is what I did with PreCast and I believe you can easily pass it if following what I did.
Step 1. Use the Premium Quizzes
Choose Timed quiz mode. I don't recommend learning mode because time is valuable. Do every question under time pressure does no harm. You'll have time to review answers and explanations later.
Choose 10 or 20 questions each time. If you don't always have time for 20 questions, then go with 10 whenever you have a 10 min break.
Go through each knowledge area and domain one by one. If you don't get 70% correct in any of the areas/domains, carefully review what you did wrong, run the quiz again. If you fail again, then review incorrect questions, run the quiz again. You're good for an exam until you get all the areas/domains 70% correct or better.
You don't need to include the ITTO exam because it doesn't help. I assure you that the exam questions are all case studies, never anything similar to the ITTO exam questions.
You don't want to include exam questions because you'll need to test yourself with exams.

Step 2. Do Exam questions.
Once you get all the areas/domains 70% correct or better, run several quizzes again with "include only questions I answered incorrectly" to review your progress.
Now it's time to do PMP Exam 1. Do it in a quiet room without interruptions. It'll take about 3.5 - 4 hours. If you fail the exam, review the questions you did incorrectly, check what areas/domains you did less than 70% correct, go back to Step 1, and run the quizzes for those specific areas. Once you get the quizzes with these areas passed, do PMP Exam 2. Again, if you fail, review incorrect questions, go back to quizzes to practice your weak points, then do PMP Exam 3 until you pass one Exam.
Once you pass 1 Exam, then directly do a second exam. If you pass two exams in a roll, you're 100% ready for the exam. Don't waste any time practicing, just sit for the exam ASAP.
Say, if pass PMP exam 1 and then PMP exam 2, then you should sit for the PMP exam the day after you passed PMP exam 2.
Similarly, you may fail PMP exam 1, then pass PMP exams 2 and 3, you're good to go.
If you fail PMP exams 1 and 2, then pass 3, you're good to go. It's your choice to do the PMP exam 4 or not. I recommend you skipping exam 4.
If you fail PMP exams 1, 2, and 3, then pass 4, trust me, you're good to go.
What if you fail all the PMP exams?? You won't!! Practice makes perfect is the truth that applies to everybody.

Here is my logic for this preparation.
Parkinson's Law: Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
So push yourself and get it done fast.

Hope this helps.
Jiajun 'Francis'
The following user(s) said Thank You: TANJA BEGIĆ, Patricia Watts
Last edit: by Jiajun Liao.

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27774

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Jiajun,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27787

• Jiajun Liao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, Stan. There is no doubt that the Precast exam simulator is the best tool for passing the PMP exam.

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27788

• Adrian Barrera
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your recomendation I am getting 61 on the exam and sometimes I am feeling bad because I feel alot of pressure about the score

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27792

• Binny Patel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
What is AT?

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27799

• Jiajun Liao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
hang in there. You're close to success. Just keep practicing. Go through the incorrect questions in the exam, then practice the quizzes, and go to the next exam again when passing quizzes in all areas/domains.

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27800

• Jiajun Liao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Above Target. It's used to measure how well you did in the official exam, including needs improvement, below target, target, and above target.

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27814

• Celine Chiam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jiajun, thanks for sharing. Do you mind also sharing if we should read the books (Agile/ PMBOK)? Thanks!!

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27820

• Jiajun Liao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
If your goal is to pass the exam with limited time, I wouldn't recommend you to read the books. These books can serve as a reference. When you're unclear with specific topics, you can read a few pages in the books.
If you have plenty of time to prepare for this exam, I still don't recommend you to read the books because it's an inefficient use of your time. Practice helps you memorize more stuff not reading. Meanwhile, refer to a few chapters in the books to gain deeper understandings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Celine Chiam

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27821

• Celine Chiam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Makes perfect sense, thank you ;)

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27837

• Claudia Irico
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jiajun, congratulations!

Thank you for your recommendation and honesty. Did you take the exam on site or online?

Best,
Claudia

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27839

• Jiajun Liao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I took it online, gaining me more flexibility. There were no onsite exam seats available when I scheduled my exam. Luckily, it ended up with a nice online exam experience.
Last edit: by Jiajun Liao.

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27840

• Claudia Irico
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply! I am planning in taking my exam online as well.

I followed your recommendation and purchased the prepcast and I started with the quizzes. Took me a while to realized I was not under the PREMIUM Quizzes....daaaaaa....
Thank you for all your tips, very helpful.
C
Last edit: by Claudia Irico.

11 days prep, pass PMP exam with 3 AT 2 years 9 months ago #27841

• Jiajun Liao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Haha, Thank you.
Best Luck!!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login