fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam today AT/AT/AT after a 10-week study plan

Passed my PMP exam today AT/AT/AT after a 10-week study plan 2 years 9 months ago #27567

• Win@YVR
  • Win@YVR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am so happy that I passed today! Using the Prepcast Exam Simulator, the highest I had gotten was low 80% and the Process Domain never achieved AT. So I was pleasantly surprised that I got AT across all three domains.

My situation:
I took an online instructor-led course last summer to get the 35 PDU. Besides the course, that organization also provided access to test practice questions for three-months. But those practice questions didn't provide any answers or explanation on the ones that I got wrong. So that wasn't very helpful. As the year end approached, I ran out of time to prepare for the 2020 exam and decided not to ruin my Christmas break and just defer to this year, even though it meant the exam would be under the new curriculum.
Fast forward to this spring, I decided to take the exam in early summer, which would give me enough time to gather some data on the new 2021 exam. I planned out a 10-week study plan, which included review of my study material from last year, and also taking the Prepcast Boost course. Since I work full time and also have a family, I figured pacing it out over 10 weeks would be reasonable. Books I used: Agile Practice Guide, PMBOK Guide 6th , and PMP Study Guide with 2021 Exam Update. I tried other, e.g. cheaper, exam simulators but didn't find them as effective as the Prepcast Simulator (free version.) So i finally purchased the Prepcast Simulator during week 6. I practiced using the quizzes and all 4 exams.

The Exam:
Just like the other people who commented in the forum, it's 90% agile. There were only 2 questions that required minor calculations. Almost all were situational questions. I found that my experience as a project manager really helped me to answer the questions. The one book that was most helpful was the Agile Practice Guide. Cornelius' tips and lessons learned videos were super helpful.

I am glad to have my evenings and weekends back, just in time to enjoy the nice weather B) B)

Passed my PMP exam today AT/AT/AT after a 10-week study plan 2 years 9 months ago #27568

• Win@YVR
  • Win@YVR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Forgot to mention that it was an on-site exam that I took. The time passed by way faster than I expected. I took both 10 min breaks, which were absolutely necessary just to give my brain a break. I finished with only 35 sec left.

Passed my PMP exam today AT/AT/AT after a 10-week study plan 2 years 9 months ago #27569

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Win,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login