fbpx

Reply: 3 AT First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 3 AT First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 10 months ago #27512

Stan Po - Admin

BH,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 10 months ago #27508

BH

Hi, All:

My experience was atypical because I bridged the old and new test material. I watched all the PMP Prepcast videos, which I thought were excellent. Not sure if these are even allowed to be distributed anymore.

I slowly read the PMBOK Guide. I could only take about 10 pages a day, really. Pretty dry. I watched the Ricardo Vargas video twice. I would recommend watching this first before you read anything. I found it later. It really is excellent.

I read the Agile book once slowly. Again, about 10 pages a day. Then I read it straight through a couple days before the exam. Made more sense as time ran on. Really focus on what each person's role is.

I attended online a week-long course with Oliver Lehmann. I liked that. Was nice to be part of a small group of folks studying the same thing.

The PM Prepcast PMP Exam Simulator I ordered and used extensively. I had to start and stop my studies over a year, so I would reorder as needed. This simulator was critical to success. I did four full-length practice exams and hundreds of other questions. I liked being able to do 10 or 20 timed questions at a go. I focused on problem areas as they were identified.

If I had access to a on-site test center, I would take it there. Online overseas was unnerving and I ran into tech problems that were exasperating. No tech worries at a center. Just focus and test.

I used all my time on the exam. That was after finishing every sample test with plenty of time. Keep moving and trust your self. The questions are more process oriented. No annoying, granular ITTO stuff. You do need to know the basics, LL repository, OPA's, etc., but that material comes up often in the sample questions. There were two 10-minute breaks.

Now, I am going to ask for more responsibility and a raise!

You got this. Cheers.

BH

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login