fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP - First try with PM Prepcast AT/AT/AT - Second exam attempt overall

Passed PMP - First try with PM Prepcast AT/AT/AT - Second exam attempt overall 2 years 10 months ago #27507

• Kevin Melanson, PMP, CPM, ITIL4
  • Kevin Melanson, PMP, CPM, ITIL4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

This is to express how honored and blessed I feel to have passed the 2021 PMP exam on the first attempt with PM Prepcast (AT/AT/AT - Above Target). Please understand, I took the PMP exam in November 2020 without PM Prepcast (NI/NI/BL/NI/NI - Needs Improvement, Below Target) and did not pass the first attempt. This is not to speak up or down about my previous study habits or the other companies that I previously studied through. The purpose of telling you this is to express my positive opinion on the importance of using PM Prepcast 2021 exam simulator to help you prepare for the actual PMP exam.

Lessons learned (LL) from my study habits, please take what works and leave what does not work for you. I took a course through LearningTree.com (signed up through Paul H.) and supplemented it with PM Prepcast. The practice exams from this site are SO HELPFUL. Anytime I reference practice quizzes (PQ), it is related to PM Prepcast. I took 20 question PQ during the work week, starting with only People domain, then when I was passing regularly and felt comfortable started the same PQs for the Process domain. After that, on either Saturday or Sunday, I took a full practice exam (PE) and studied it on other days of the following week. At first, I only took the 20 question PQ during the week and on weekends and as I got closer to exam date started including the PE. Months and months of full PE every week might tire your mind out. I only took PE for possibly the final 1-2 months.

3 days before the real PMP exam (on a Satuday), I took PE #4 after previously taking PE #1-3 on previous Saturdays/Sundays. 2 days before the exam I studied PE #4. 1 day before the exam I took PE #4 again (Monday) and scored AT/AT/AT for the first time on any PE. For your situational awareness (FYSA), I took Personal time off (PTO) on Monday and Tuesday of exam week. Tuesday was exam day.

On exam day, Tuesday, it was the latest available date in May to schedule and there was only one time available, 2:00pm. I am a morning person and was previously taking PE starting around 8:00-9:00am. To prepare for this new exam time, after scheduling the official exam, I tried to only take PE close to 2:00pm (whether 12:00pm or 1:00pm or 2:00pm all worked, they are all close to the actual time; do not overthink it!) When taking the official exam, it was scheduled at the same location, in-person, that I took the first exam in November 2020, for familiarity. I got to the location 30 minutes early, as requested by PMI. I am also a Peloton member, and this is part of the PMP exam success story, and while sitting in the car in the parking lot, I had a 5 minute meditation bookmarked (from the day before that my wife really likes the instructor, Anna Greenberg) that I listened to in the car before going into the Pearson location to take the PMP exam. To setup the same Peloton session (or pick your own), login to Peloton app > click Meditation > click filter: Length: 5 min, Class type: Mindfulness > click Show classes > bookmark Anna G.'s class ahead-of-time to make it easier when you are at Pearson.

By the way, on exam day, my outfit was picked out the night before and left out. My breakfast was overnight oats created the night before and left in the fridge as well as an English muffin with vegan butter and cinnamon. This food is a very regular breakfast for me. Please do not change much, or anything, from your other days so that everything positively flows as you prepare for your exam.

As very famous people state (sorry, do not remember the exact people but there are YouTube videos and famous quotes online about it), we are only given so many decisions throughout the day so the less decisions that are needed before your PMP exam means that your mind will have more energy and decisions left to make during your PMP exam.

On a lighter note, I have a puppy puppy, through all of this. Our goldendoodle was picked up 1/8/2021 at 8-weeks old and was a part of the whole PMP studying process. IMO, please do not let kids or the job or health concerns (I have those too) or anything else become an excuse that is holding you back. You know your situation the best and please make your own decision about your situation. My puppy is FULL of energy and the vet and trainer we spoke with said that this breed needs to get energy out. He was play-biting at my ankles, calves, pockets, and more throughout the process. My wife watched the puppy during my full PEs and she was previously attacked by a dog so it is not the easiest step for her to be solo with a puppy that is partially trained for 4+ hours while I take a PE. Even with all of that, and I'm sure there are other limitations that are not discussed here, I was able to pass the 2021 PMP.

There is NO DOUBT, in my mind, that the PM Prepcast 2021 Exam Preparation was, by far, the MOST helpful exam simulator that made me more confident to pass the 2021 PMP exam. Please do understand that I was still very nervous during the actual exam and I used every single second of the 4 hours allotted to me. From previous PQs and PEs, in my case, I learned that going back to review multiple choice questions often had me change answers from right to wrong so, again in my case, not reviewing the real PMP exam questions helped me. This might be case-by-case, but believe it is similarly discussed by Cornelius in some of his videos.

Now, I might be "rattling" with my typing and want to let you know that I had some major "excuses" that could have held me back and prevented me from applying for the PMP exam, studying for it, or taking the exam. In reality, it was worth every second to do all of the above and successfully complete the 2021 PMP exam with the help of PM Prepcast... thank you, thank you, thank you!!

PM Prepcast Exam Simulators will be recommended to friends and colleagues as it was recommended to me by another colleague who passed the PMP with your help!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Last edit: by Kevin Melanson, PMP, CPM, ITIL4.

Passed PMP - First try with PM Prepcast AT/AT/AT - Second exam attempt overall 2 years 10 months ago #27511

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Kevin,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login