fbpx

Reply: My turn!! PMP Passed on 24 May '21, First Try, AT/AT/AT!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My turn!! PMP Passed on 24 May '21, First Try, AT/AT/AT!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 10 months ago #27460

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Hanneliese!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned and for coming back and telling us about your experiences. They are very helpful, and it's great to hear this community was part of your motivation and success.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
2 years 10 months ago #27458

Hanneliese Fourie

The Udemy Joseph Phillip's PMP course and Prepcast did it!

Exam Type: On site at Pearson Vue
Study Approach:
1. First, I bought the Joseph Phillips PMP course on Udemy. In 2018. I did not start reading/viewing the course until 2 weeks ago.
2. Fast forward to 2021, two weeks ago, I took all 4 Prepcast exams (not ITTO) without having prepared/studied, based on instinct from a few years PM'ing in the IT space. I wanted to see what my benchmark was. I scored 61%, 65%, 67% and 75%.
3. Then, I took two weeks to complete Joseph Phillip's PMP course on Udemy.
4. Then, the weekend before my exam (3 days ago) I reviewed my mistakes from all Prepcast exams and studied the reasons for the correct answers
5. Then, the night before the exam (last night) I did 4 x 60 question Prepcast quizzes for which I scored between 60% and 90% respectively.

Exam Observations:
- I found it easier to make multiple choice decisions in the official PMP exam than when I was trying to decide the right answer here on the Prepcast exams
- I found the official exam's questions and potential answers very vague, the terminology wasnt as specific and descriptive as in the Prepcast exams. I feel that if you are getting a 60% here on Prepcast you are good to go, but it might just be my personal way of processing information (the vaguer the better).
- I felt that the official exam tested my actual real life experience/logic, rather than my academic knowledge
- I somehow wasted more time answering each official exam question than I did when I was practicing on Prepcast, I only had 2 minutes left at the end. The rate at which those seconds were disappearing turned me into a complete wreck throughout the exam. I was also very easily distracted by sounds and pre-emptive thoughts of failing the exam. Do what you can to ensure you are focusing on the screen and the question, Im sure thats why I almost ran out of time in the end.

Thanks to everybody who post on these forums, I read your comments and exam reviews before bed every night for motivation, sanity and to keep my eyes focused on the prize. Couldn't have done it without the community!

H Fourie, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login