fbpx

Reply: Passed exam on first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed exam on first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 10 months ago #27338

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations! Thanks for coming back and sharing your experiences, your comments are very helpful.
(I've edited your post to remove your personal email address.)
2 years 10 months ago #27317

Top Exam tips

's Avatar

Passed exam first try with all areas above Target. I found the exam questions were quite different to any of the simulators I have used in the sense that the exam had no specific questions about methodologies, theories, not one calculation (even though I had learned these inside out), no specific questions to identify tools and techniques, no graphs to identify etc. It was primarily long situational questions and what would you do next. I would say Agile was definitely more than 50% through the course. I think if you understand how to tailor a project and use a hybrid method that would cover a lot of the content. One positive about the exam was that there were no trick questions in terms of using double negatives and those little tricks the simulators do to catch you out. I used the highlighter and strikethrough tools during the exam and found them really good for breaking the questions down to see what exactly they were looking for. I did a datadump at the beginning but I didn’t use it as everything I had on it was calculations and the different theories none of which came up. It was good though for me as it gave me some confidence going into the exam. The simulator is the way to prep, do as many questions as possible to identify weak areas and focus on them. Best of luck.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login