fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam on 4/17/21 AT/AT/AT----Thanks, PrepCast!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam on 4/17/21 AT/AT/AT----Thanks, PrepCast!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27202

Cornelius Fichtner

From a hilarious dude to a new PMP: Congratulations on passing your exam!
2 years 11 months ago #27194

Stan Po - Admin

Michelle,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 11 months ago #27169

Samuel

Thank you for your advice! I'll keep doing more quiz aimed a knowledge areas I am weak at. Yes, I have finished Ricardo Vargas video (familiar with which process group is in where (I drawn his Knowledge Area & Process Group map and went through PMBOK sections in the order he taught, it was very helpful!!). I do agree Agile is heavy in the exam, and plan to go through one of my courses which taught some Agile. Thank you very much!
2 years 11 months ago #27168

Michelle Ireton

I totally get the panic/confusion. I was certain I was going to fail, since I didn't study as much as others had. Of course, every person is different, but I feel if I gave myself too much of a runway, I would forget some of the material. I would say keep your scheduled exam, and try to get through the PrepCast modules and really hone in on the exam simulations. Read through those and understand where you are weak. Also, if you don't know about Agile, that was HUGE on this exam. Know the Agile flow and what you would do in a hybrid situation. Another huge help was the Ricardo Vargas youtube video, "PMBOK® Guide 6th Ed Processes Explained with Ricardo Vargas!" which really helps explain how a project flows logically, not just in the 49 processes chart (which was honestly reallly hard for me to conceptualize).

I hope all of this is helpful!
2 years 11 months ago #27167

Samuel

Congratulations on your PMP certification!

I read that you have 4 weeks to study and want to ask if I should re-schedule my exam...it is on June.23 , I only did two 20 question quiz and 1 mock exam (50%) so far. I have read people recommending 3 months and people using 1 month to pass, and given my progress so far, I am not sure if I should re-schedule my exam date to allow more time to do practice question and review them. Though, I have plan to do minimum 1000 question within a month to improve my knowledge gaps, and aim to do mock exam #2 and #3 with 2 week in between to allow more quiz done
2 years 11 months ago #27166

Michelle Ireton

I am one of the idiots who chose to procrastinate studying until 4 weeks from the exam (which I scheduled the day before my last day of eligibility). The biggest factor to my success was PrepCast and the PrepCast Exam Simulator. I would purposely fail the long exam simulations (just quit early and leave them all unanswered), and then just read through all the answers. I learned so much from doing that. I focused my studying on Integration Management and Schedule/Agile. Half the questions were heavy on the Agile. There are also lots of questions on how to effectively manage people and personalities. If you understand the flow of Scope or Schedule, you will understand a lot of the other flows, since the predictive model is so repetitive. You don't need to memorize all the ITTOs, just understand some of the basic ones and use common sense. I also only had a few math questions, so memorizing all the formulas is a waste, in my opinion. Just understand what it means if a number is negative or positive on the Earned Value formulas.

Looking back, I started studying with too many different guides/modules. I wish I would have just focused on PrepCast and the PMBOK. I would have had a lot less stress! I think getting used to how the Prepcast questions work will be super helpful to passing the real exam (the formatting is super similar, including the matching questions). Good luck everyone! And thanks again, PrepCast.

I just want to thank PrepCast and Cornelius Fitchner--that dude is hilarious, and I loved some of the nerdy references throughout the modules. The Doctor Who references were especially choice. I hope I meet that guy at a PMP conference or something some day, and I can shake his hand (there would also hopefully be some awesome saxophone intro music playing, because I

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login