fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on 4/6/21 with "above target" for all three domains

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on 4/6/21 with "above target" for all three domains

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27090

Stan Po - Admin

Blake,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 11 months ago #27071

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Blake!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially the tip about using the highlighter :)
2 years 11 months ago #27043

Blake Litton

What worked for me: I read most of Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep 9th ed. (yes the old one) and the Agile Practice Guide cover to cover. I also did a LinkedIn Learning 90 minute (I think) course on Scrum. The simulator was what helped me the most. I used the simulator's quizzes to identify my areas of weakness which allowed me to study up thereby closing my knowledge gaps. Interestingly, I didn't do well on any of the exams in the simulator, so don't stress if you don't either. The exams in the simulator were more difficult than the PMI exam questions.
My number one advice I can offer is to use the simulator to understand WHY you got the question wrong. For me, it came down to understanding what the question is asking for. PMI throws in all kinds of noise in their questions, so as long as you can extract what they really want to know, you'll be fine.
Use the highlighter in the PearsonVue exam and cross out answers that you know are incorrect. This will allow you to narrow the scope of information your brain has to process. Believe me, for the time it takes to complete the exam and with as many questions as there are, it will help when you start to fatigue. BTW, I only had a few EVM questions and they did not require me to use any formulas (lucky?) to calculate the answers.
Again, PMI's questions are all styled similarly, so if you can learn to extract the information they are really asking for, you will increase your odds of doing well exponentially. Good Luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login