fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP Exam with- AT/AT/AT on March,31

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP Exam with- AT/AT/AT on March,31

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27011

Stan Po - Admin

Gust,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 11 months ago #27006

Gust Mawli

My Lessons Learned is number-driven :-)
Prep Start Day One to Exam Day = 47 days duration. (40 Study days and 7 "Rest" days). With Total 125 Study hours, that is a mean of 3 hours per Study day but I studied 6-8 hours on week ends.
I start prepping, and I chose the exam date only at Day 21/47 ! I didn't feel ready at that time but I felt it was the time to set the date and give it a try/a boost.

Used : 1-PrepCast 2-Rita v10 3-Udemy J. Phillips PMP Exam Prep Seminar 4- Udemy J. Phillips PMP Exam Cram Session
5-Read Agile Practice Guide at Day 3 and ReRead it 5 days before Exam day. The second reading was really easy but so valuable.
6-Made 150 personal Flashcards . 7-PMIStandards Content. [ Didn't really use PMBOKv6 (I choose to use Rita instead)].

40 hours on PrepCast: This is a really powerful tool to pass the exam. 700Q on Quizzes by 50 and 100 lot..
PMP Exam 5 : I took that exam on a revision mode, with documentations and ITTO charts in front of me. Therefore, the score is not relevant.
PMP Exam 1 : 68,3% (~190min) / PMP Exam 2 : 74,4% (~175min) / PMP Exam 3 : 74,4% (~185min) / PMP Exam 4 : 80% (2 days before Exam Day, 230min).
I chose to take all my time for that last exam. I felt I was reading too fast at the 1,2,3 test Exams and needed to go through questions at a normal pace before real exam.
For all the 4 exams, I only reviewed Answered incorrectly and Marked Questions.

I think with all resources used, (PrepCast, RMC, Udemy J.Phillips) I went through ~ 2000 Questions

Day before Exam Day : Only reviewed Flash Cards and Udemy J.Philippe 1h PMP Blitz Review.
And 1h30 of a Prime Tv Show at night. I was feeling really wiped out but somehow confident.

Exam Day :
1h of Flash Cards reading on my way to Exam Center.
After Exam+Review Q1-Q60: Remaining Time 150min !
I didn't understand why I took so much time. Nevertheless, I thought I were doing pretty great and was really confident.
10min Tea Pause
After Exam+Review Q61-Q120 : Remaining Time : 68min...!
I lost all my confidence, stressed by the time, and thought 2nd tour of questions was
more difficult than first one.
10min Stressing Tea and Snack Pause
Q121-Q180 : I activated "High Speed reading and Fast thinking Mode" since I knew I will
run out time to review marked questions. Finished 180th question with 3 min left on clock.
I was reviewing my second marked question when Exam Ended :-(. Next Think I know : The screen popped out
"Congratulations......" !
I knew I could do it with my intense prep but the exam scenario was really stressful for me.

-No ITTO Questions
-10-15 Drag and Drop Questions (I think that were the easiest one since no hard interpretation required)
-Many Agile/Hybrid/Waterfall to Agile Transition situational questions.
Very often during the exam, after question and answers firt reading, I thought 2 answers were OK.
Had to do some additional thinking to get rid of one of the 2 remaining choices.
-Anyway, Don't over think your responses but pay great attention to EVERY word on Answers choices.
Even If you are sure Choice A is the best guess, Read carefully B, C, D.

If I can do it, You can do it. Keep Moving Forward.
One last thing : On Exam Day, before leaving my home, I selected on my agenda a date for 2nd Try.
Even If I was confident, it was a good way to tell my self : Don't be afraid of not getting it on the first Try.
I had to get rid off that kind of stress and keep only the good (I want to win) stress.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login