fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP Exam - AT/AT/T April 2021

Passed my PMP Exam - AT/AT/T April 2021 2 years 11 months ago #26916

• UALTCH
  • UALTCH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
After an unfortunate hiccup, that saw confusion over my name.
I was fortunate, to be able to re-do the test.
Although it cost me the day off and a few days of stress, i was able to pass it.

Here was my approach and some thoughts.

1) Total time to study: about 150 hours or so.
Course Studying and Resource: 25-30 hours
Looking for exam stimulator: 10 hours
Time spend practicing questions including exam prep and review answers: 100 hours
Additional studying-reading, going over questions -50-60 hours hours

in total a good 200 hours.
Could I had done a better job preparing, totally.

Ideas:
Understand the exam flow a bit, the ones like Rita, while you don't need to memorize, drawing a flow diaagram, with inputs/tools/outputs, would had helped me better understand the questions earlier.
That would likely have 30-40 hours.

Exam Prep Stimulator - An absolutely must. The explanations and references, are absolutely great, in explaining the concepts.

I had scored 73/71% on my prep exams 4 weeks earlier, but didn't feel confident in my readiness, so I made sure to go over the questions again.
I scored 75% on my third mock exam.

The exam prep was great, as it helped faciliated the thinking needed, to have confidence in about 50% of the questions.
Where else another 50%, was down to 50/50.

Oh, and make sure to work with PMI to make sure and check the right name is submitted.
Last edit: by UALTCH.

Passed my PMP Exam - AT/AT/T April 2021 2 years 11 months ago #27066

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially the point about checking your name.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login