fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Need recommendations

Need recommendations 3 years 1 month ago #26743

• PMP Aspirant
  • PMP Aspirant's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Folks,
I am scoring consistently on quizzes (blocks of 50 or 60 questions) around 65%-67%. Out of total 2150 questions, I have answered 30% of the questions so far with 3 mock exams remaining.
I have taken 1 mock exam and scored 67%. These are my first time scores. I am planning to appear for the PMP exam in 2nd week of April (April 7-13) which gives my around 3 weeks time. Do you think that 3 weeks would be appropriate time to improve my scores to reach an average of 75%. I can dedicate 4 hours/day and little more on weekends. Any input would be highly appreciated!

Need recommendations 3 years 1 month ago #26852

• Markus Kopko
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi,

given the time on a daily basis, you can effort to study and optimize your results, 3 weeks should be more than enough to manage that.
What you need to do is, analyze your results thoroughly and figure out where your weak spots are; why you do answer wrong, and also why you do answer correctly.
Then focus on those knowledge areas where you identified your white spots, repeat and deepen the stuff and do some mock exams at this area again.
By following that sequence your results should improve over time.
If not, you should postpone your exam date and we need to talk again ...

Regards,

Markus
"Management is about doing the things right;
Leadership is about doing the right things!" (Peter Tucker)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMP Aspirant

Need recommendations 3 years 1 month ago #26868

• Elizabeth Hitchman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Give yourself a full month. Don't rush it because it is expensive to retake if you fail. Do all of the exams to practice as much as you can sitting for the full length plus the questions are different on the exam than the quizzes. That's just my advice.

Need recommendations 3 years 1 month ago #26872

• PMP Aspirant
  • PMP Aspirant's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks Elizabeth for your recommendation. It seems like my score on quizzes is improving as I am scoring in the range of 70 - 74% on quizzes. I will take 2nd mock exam over this weekend and if I see any improvement in the exam score (in mock exam 1 I scored 67%) then I will keep aiming to sit for the real exam around April 7-12 time frame, otherwise I will postpone it for few more weeks.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login